Intraday Indicators

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Flanco, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yes, there's a number that might be described as 'predictive trading systems'

3 of the simplest tools to use in a predictive system are a Channel tool of some
    sort, Fibonacci Expansion and Fibonacci Retracement tools
    together they can be thought of as 'trend trading' tools/system
    they can also be thought of and used as 'intraday indictors' since they are able to
    be applied to any timeframe and most chart types

the channel tool will pivot from its start point fulcrum so can be adjusted as the
    price progresses, is a 'trend tool', often Extend Right is applied

the fibo tools are used for future price targeting, and while different traders apply
    them in different ways, fibo levels are very reliable as predictors of what level the
    price will travel to, with up to 100% accuracy

when the price, channel and fibo lines intersect, one can expect the price to react
    - temporarily in the case of a correction, or change direction 'permanently' in the case
    of major tops and bottoms, as well of course with intermediate waves

attached: Monthly Nasdaq and 3min ES mini 500 , fibos and channels applied

#41     Nov 4, 2011
  2. wilddog

wilddog

Removing a price gap refers to the close of the previous day equalling the current day open. There is no such thing as price gaps.

#42     Nov 4, 2011
  3. How do deal with overnight trading?

#43     Nov 5, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're getting emotional, I never said that

You forgot to mention you're have the body of a Greek god, a huge dick, you date super models, own your own jet and have the ear of the POTUS. But then I should mention we've all heard this before.
    Actually I said as much earlier, I guess you missed it.

#44     Nov 5, 2011
  5. When I stated I hadn’t had a nasty draw down in years, you just couldn't wait to make the snide remark, "And yet you've only just joined our esteemed community one month ago." And you call me emotional. Someday, maybe, you will learn the difference between passion and emotion. You don't know me but are quick to judge me and throw me in the puffer fish pile. Nice!

I’m older than middle age, overweight but healthy, I’ve never dated a super model, I fly commercial but use XO on occasion, and POTUS is hopefully a one termer, Carter clone and a moron.

I didn't miss anything. Yes, you spoke toward both sides but your lack of understanding on the correct use of indicators definitely doesn't make you a key note speaker on the subject. Your further snide crude remarks about indicators show which way you lean.

There is plenty in this business I'm still learning, daily, even after over 30 years but plenty I know as well. I only talk about what I know and will be the first to tell you the difference between my opinion and what I know as fact.

I'm a successful indicator trader and have friends that are successful naked chart traders. Forums like this should be a comfortable place for the experienced traders to share their knowledge with those that are hungry for knowledge to test and seed. Those with experience should help nurture and cultivate the newbies because someday their experience will hopefully lead to new techniques and further innovations in this industry.

Those that come into these forums with their egos in their hand with the sole purpose of shoving it in the face of everyone they don't agree with, will always ruin it for all.

#45     Nov 5, 2011
  6. I don't understand why the norm in ET is to discuss trading with an attitude and with punches and insults rather than with class and wit.

It's not the subject it's this site, it does not happen elsewhere, at least in the same capacity.

It's truly a shame because this site has more traffic and more users.

#46     Nov 5, 2011
  7. See attached for a possible way to use MACD properly.

Specifically what you are asking about is about 4 or 5 paragraphs in.

There is a myth here in ET that if something is not understood or "it diesn't work for me", then that person is responsible for everyone else in the world and has to protect them with his ignorance.

You and I both know that the bar is so low in potential trading, that everyone, even those not imaginable arrive.

Also it is true that many Holy Grails DO exist. Fortunately they are hidden from those who will not work to find and enjoy them.

#47     Nov 5, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Once again, if you need a lagging indicator of what's already happened, to "confirm" whats already happened. Have at it, knock yourself out, go for it. And I don't see how stating this indisputable fact is a "snide" remark. But some people are sensitive like that.

#48     Nov 5, 2011
  9. I agree and thanks for the download.

I know how "you" deal with the overnight data but was wondering whether he knew.

#49     Nov 5, 2011
  10. Do you have dementia?

Here is an exact copy of your snide unwarranted remarks.

Do you need "conformation" that it's raining?
    Do you need "conformation" that it's dark?
    Do you need "conformation" that you have an erection?
    Do you need "conformation" that you stepped in a pile of shit?
    Do you need "conformation" that you were just rear ended sitting at a traffic light?
    Do you need "conformation" that your your latest trade is deep in the red...or black?

Comments by they way you purposely ignored my response for.

You don't know how, I or others that trade consistently, use them so your ignorant ego packed comments aren't helpful. If you don't have sometime positive to add to the discussion, go here . . . http://www.chathour.com/chatroom/argument_chat. You will fit right in.

#50     Nov 5, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.