Intraday Indicators

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Flanco, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tends to work better in forex.

If you know how to use them properly they can help notify you of impending changes in direction, I use MACD to help me "confirm" price action, especially by spotting divergences at major S&R levels(intraday and daily). I make sure to place my stop just beyond the recent intraday/daily swing high or low after entry. And it works very well for me.

My clients sure as hell aren't complaining...

#21     Nov 3, 2011
  2. edbar

edbar

I agree with this. I use an Intraday MACD (10 minute chart) to enter just as the Value line crosses to the + side. Very simple and very accurate. Indicators aren't the holy grail. By themselves, they are worthless, but as part of a whole trading system, they can be invaluable. You also need a good money management system.

Ed

#22     Nov 3, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

NOT trying to be insulting or derogatory. But a skeptic might argue "if you know how to read price action properly" you don't need them to begin with.

BUT I will say if what you're doing IS working for you then there's no need to change OR worry what others think.

#23     Nov 3, 2011
  4. anandk

anandk

Hi ..

Please try this strategy that based on the support and resistance indicarors..

this is for E_Mini S&p future.. its performing well since 2007... check the performance report..

Thanks

#24     Nov 3, 2011
  5. Redneck

Redneck

When listening to, or speaking with – God, never use an intermediary

Potential for misinterpretation is simply too great

As always jmho

RN

#25     Nov 3, 2011
  6. anandk

anandk

Sorry i couldn't upload Eld file.. forum is not supported

i am sending you the performance report..

#26     Nov 3, 2011
  7. Manual transmissions are crap if you don't know how to use one.

#27     Nov 3, 2011
  8. yes. I wonder whether conciously or unconciously people use indicators as a
    means of making the decision to trade or not
    that is without an indicator/indicators, they wouldn't, couldn't trade
    the majority of the trading systems I've seen on forums have various and often
    fanciful indicators on the price chart as well as additional windows and maybe
    digital indis too, as many as a dozen indicators displayed

the implication is that people don't know what the price time waves movement is.
    their answer to understanding the price time waves movement and trade it is to
    use the substitute method of indicators
    eventually it comes down to what Lucrum has said, that is that indicators 'work'
    for them regardless whether or not they have a method to analyze the price time
    waves movement and trading plan to act on that analysis

#28     Nov 3, 2011
  9. Or they have a method to analyze the wave movements and have found and have tested an accurate indicator to confirm what they are seeing in those movements.

#29     Nov 3, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Do you need "conformation" that it's raining?
    Do you need "conformation" that it's dark?
    Do you need "conformation" that you have an erection?
    Do you need "conformation" that you stepped in a pile of shit?
    Do you need "conformation" that you were just rear ended sitting at a traffic light?
    Do you need "conformation" that your your latest trade is deep in the red...or black?

Again not trying to be ugly, just explaining where I'm coming from?

#30     Nov 3, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.