Intraday FX Player

Discussion in 'Journals' started by CFerret, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Closed @ -1%.

#11     Mar 26, 2008
  2. Nice trading, and nice change of pace, also it was great how you shared your psychology of why you exited early on a nice move, took a short which got stopped-out, and then turned around and rode the trend. :)

Lots of lessons in that one.

Charts are always nice (not for specifics, but for generalities).

I'll check the beginning of the Journal, but I'm not sure if there is a charter or goal in site with your postings.

Good trading.

#12     Mar 26, 2008
  3. Long @ 41.

#13     Mar 26, 2008
  4. Mandelbrot:

Thanks for good words. I'll post some charts as well, but will do it maybe with one day lag, because it would take too much time to make, resize and post a screenshot in the middle of working day.

#14     Mar 26, 2008
  5. OK, got it, and so far I'd say you're spot on with your goals.

Here's a bigger picture of the EU contract, the chart isn't very usefull for trading (moving averages lag actual price action), but it's a good snap shot of the current situation.

The EU has been in an uptrend since Monday. But feel free to trade'em how you see'em.

Good trading.

#15     Mar 26, 2008
  6. Stopped out -1%.

P S. Indeed last days are a clear uptrend and actually I wasn't very confident in a short, but my goal for now is consistently executing ALL signals, maybe even despite giving away some profits, because consistent execution IMO is the way to consistent growth.

#16     Mar 26, 2008
  7. Couldn't agree more.
    I've always had a fantasy of being able to double my take if I could trade both sessions of the markets. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to make that happen.

Coffee time.

#17     Mar 26, 2008
  8. Short @ 24. Missed an actual planned entry, which should have been 32 and b/e now.

But decided to enter on a second leg and now moved stop to -1%.

#18     Mar 26, 2008
  9. Out b/e. Didn't like the entry and price action after it....

#19     Mar 26, 2008
  10. monti1a

monti1a

Good posts...mate...

charts would help of course....I'm thinking about adding the EC to my repertoire, but I live on the East coast of US.....does the EC move well during the 7 am to 1 pm Eastern Standard Time..when Euro markets are about to close for the day?

or...when would be the best times to trade the EC if you live on East coast?

#20     Mar 26, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.