Intraday Futures traders...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Trend Fader, Oct 30, 2005.

1. realtor

realtor

What did you have difficulty de-coding?

Maybe we can help you out (which way'd you come in?).

#11     Nov 5, 2005
  2. actual when i read some of nihaba's post i have found them to be some of the most thorough and well thought out posts here --- very detailed and extremely informative --- you can see he really enjoys trading from his writings, just my 2.

#12     Nov 5, 2005
  3. realtor

realtor

My first emini chat room -- 4 or 5 years ago -- was Nihaba's. I learned a tremendous amount from him and his group in the room. There was one consistently profitable trader there (wish I could remember his handle) who mentored me somewhat. I'm still re-reading many of the books he recommended, and following the recommendations that he gave me.

Obviously, I have much respect for Mr. "Footprints in the sand," also known as Nihaba Ashi.

#13     Nov 5, 2005
  4. ozzy

ozzy

Intraday Futures (ER2) trading is tough (period). I'm still at it and will stick with it until I get it. This will be my stepping stone to other products/strategies.

I do not recommend futures trading to new traders unless you enjoy having some fat fuck (assumption) or algorithm virtually tear off your limbs one by one.

If I wasn't a stubborn son of a bitch, I would not be trading.

ozzy

P.S To all the noobs be careful. This is no game.
    P.P.S Increase the difficulty factor by 10 if your not from the Industry.

#14     Nov 5, 2005
  5. realtor

realtor

Can you say that on here?

Can you call someone "fat?" :p

#15     Nov 5, 2005
  6. ozzy

ozzy

I find futures to have more potential. Once you get it you simply increase size. As your skills increase you apply additional strategies to increase profits. The same tricks are being played over and over in the markets. After staring at the screen day in day out for many months, you get a very good understanding of market flow, imbalances and high probability trades.

If you want to play in the big leagues you will need to add some statistics/math to the arsenal (this will smooth out volatility on the equity curve and also allow you to do larger volume (scaling in/scaling out etc.))

Afterwards the world will be your oyster. Your only limitation will be the size of your balls.

ozzy

#16     Nov 7, 2005
  7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

well said. i 2nd this.

to op:

#1 truly successful traders NEVER boast, brag or post how much money they make. why should they? what do they have to prove?

#2 there are other futures to day trade other than e-minis. only losers stick to a market in which they cant make money. just as some strategies suit certain personality types, the same goes for markets. try and get a bond trader to make money in er2 - aint gunna happen that easy.

so all this means is that you wouldnt know a profitable trader if he bit you on the ass - which i may add they are probably doing every day :)

one way to carry on being a loser in this business is to pay attention to all the egos on et that claim to be making mega bucks - and try and follow their advice.

#17     Nov 7, 2005