Intraday Futures Spread Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rick44, Jul 24, 2013.

1. bone, you and I need to be chatting. I'm covering some spreads now that I think you will find interesting.

#11     Jul 26, 2013
  2. Energy complex futures trading has been lively for months ... Check them out.

#12     Oct 23, 2014
  3. simiz

simiz

hello
    I would like to know if there is someonee who trades in intraday spread like NG or CL or SB or ZC...WHICH TIMEFRAME CAN I USE..IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRADE SPREAD IN INTRADAY?

#13     Apr 10, 2018
  4. bone

bone

I think that if you had a very good strategy and were willing to lease a Nymex membership (last one went for $425 per month) then NG or CL or ICE Brent or ICE GasOil (ICE no seat lease) then that might make sense if you again had a great strategy and execution. The issue as I see it is that these spreads tend to trend pretty hard when they move and if you are buying bids and selling offers you will likely get your ass run over. It wouldn't be hard to give away your week in a day.

http://www.cmegroup.com/company/membership/membership-and-lease-pricing.html#nymexComex

SB or ZC outside of crop reports could be tough day trading.

The bigger question is: unless you are employed by a prop futures firm that insists you be flat at the end of the day; why trade intraday ? I think it's a much better position trade.

#14     Apr 10, 2018
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I agree with Bone. You need a really cheap cost structure to make that work and honestly you need to be aggressively providing liquidity. Taking markets intra-day will kill you even with membership pricing.

#15     Apr 10, 2018