Intraday Backtesting

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Pyrosius, Oct 22, 2001.

1. pjtomtai

pjtomtai

the txt version of emini 1min quotes uploaded

#51     Aug 5, 2002
  2. trader99

trader99

654MB?? That will take days on my slow dialup to dl all that data.

Do you have a cd-rw? Burn a cd and send it to me. I' can pay for the postal and the cost of the CD(which is under $1 now).

how does that sound?

thanks!

#52     Aug 6, 2002
  3. pjtomtai

pjtomtai

trader99,

The data has been uploaded onto CaroKann's ftp server, the compressed data for Naz100 portfolio is a bit more than 100M, talk to him to get access.

As for CDR, the size of the compressed file made it unnecessary, and I don't think it's a good idea in these days to mail a naked CD across the border.

Send me a message if you have any trouble downloading the data.

#53     Aug 7, 2002
  4. two words: GET BROADBAND!!!

#54     Aug 7, 2002
  5. trader99

trader99

I know! I always wanted to get broadband. But can't justified it yet until prices come down a little bit.

Anyhow, where's your ftp site? Is it one big 100M file? Or is it broken down by stocks? or Months/weekly chunks?

thanks!

#55     Aug 7, 2002
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Excel is very good, probably the most flexible way to backtest anything.

Brandon

#56     Aug 7, 2002
  7. I've passed the torch to truffles and MrDinky

now i can take down the ftp before someone slaps me with inappropriate use of resources..

it is one big 125MB file for the naz..

#57     Aug 7, 2002
  8. MrDinky

MrDinky

For the record, I don't have a ftp site I can store this. If someone has the space they'd like to donate, I'd be happy to upload the file. Can't email a 125MB file, though.

(sorry)

:cool:

#58     Aug 8, 2002
  9. pjtomtai

pjtomtai

Well, I will try to share it in KaZaA, details to be followed, and I hope anyone who has these files could do the same.

#59     Aug 8, 2002
  10. DaveN

DaveN

If you are looking for a space to upload this, use www.traders2traders.com. It is specifically intended for this type of exchange among traders. It's all free!

(Disclaimer: I have no vested interest in traders2traders; I'm just a happy user.)

#60     Aug 8, 2002