Intra-day scans??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SGD, Oct 27, 2001.

1. i don't see anything with moving average crossover alerts

#11     Nov 15, 2001
  2. MikeDip

MikeDip

The MA crossover is not a standard alert but you can program it yourself simply by adding the MA's you want to the main display and write an alert rule MA1 'cross above' MA2. You can add any other criteria, such as Price>25 and Vol>1m, to make the rule more complex.

#12     Nov 15, 2001
  3. MikeDip

Hi. Any plans on making it available to NYSE stocks?
    If yours can't ,can you suggest other scannig software systems Thanks

#13     Nov 15, 2001
  4. green_lantern - what timeframe are the MAs (i.e., daily, 5 minute, etc.) you want to use?

#14     Nov 16, 2001
  5. MikeDip

MikeDip

In fact GATrader it will monitor NYSE stocks if you give it a list of symbols. What it won't do, which it does for NAS stocks, is watch the whole market for stocks that meet your basic requirements (such as price between $10 and $60 with over 1m pro-rata volume) and automatically add them to the monitored list.

If you want programmable scans for NYSE stocks then probably First Alert is you best, and most expensive, option. If you just want a scanner to show you NYSE stocks with new movement or volume then you can try Tony Oz's scanner if you are using Real-Tick but this is not programmable.

#15     Nov 16, 2001
  6. I'll look into this further then.

#16     Nov 16, 2001
  7. I do not agree First Alert is the best :mad:

As they can not chain the scans together nor can they have programmable indicators in the scan ...

#17     Nov 26, 2001
  8. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

RediPlus has scanning capabilities in it's quote watch windows. However, there are no "default" scans. You'd have to set up your own.

#18     Dec 1, 2001