Intra-Day S&P 500 Index (System 1)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by trend456, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeez

skeez

What's the point in this thread?

I just looked through it. No offense, but there's nothing useful you or anyone else can gain from this. IMO this thread should be closed/deleted. Total waste of space.

... and a waste of my time. Good Bye.

#11     Sep 11, 2002
  2. jeffm

jeffm

The whole point of TradeStation is the ability to backtest a system and examine the results. If you have done a test, then show those results. That will give us some information to help you evaluate the system. A few days worth of trades has zero value. You say you have tested back to 1982...post the system summary and equity curve. That is the meat of the system.

If your goal is to get feedback about whether or not the system is tradeable with real money, you aren't providing enough information for anyone to evaluate that.

If your goal is to boost your ego because we are drooling over your fabulous trades, you will get alot better response by showing your fabulous equity curve.

Frankly, its not really very clear what your goal is.

As a side note, you should not take seriously any results you get testing on the cash index. There is plenty of continuous SP futures data available. If you aren't testing with the real trading instrument, you're fooling yourself.

#12     Sep 12, 2002
  3. It seems that there's no value disclosing every trade. I've decided not to waste my time and yours. I also think it's a waste of thread.

I would like to thank all your comments.

Good Trade!!

#13     Sep 12, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.