Interviews

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by slumpey, Aug 15, 2002.

1. slumpey

slumpey

what is appropriate to wear to a meeting for a prop. trading position. I assume a suit is too nice. Is business casual good enough for New York positions.

2. G-Man

G-Man

There is never anything too nice when interviewing for a job, even at a prop firm. If you want to make a good first impression, wear a suit!

3. oh, wait, I got it!!

Just wear a loin clothe. It will be easier and less frustrating
    for them, if they don't have to bother working through a three-
    piece when they start Ass-raping you.

your cooperation will be rewarded for sure. :p

Just kidding.

Yeah, business casual is totally fine. A nice Polo button down
    and a nice pair of slacks and shoes and your're golden!

good luck on the interview.

-momo

4. slumpey

slumpey

unlike the first poster, I respect your opinion.

5. axehawk

axehawk

If you're going to an interview where the prop firm will be paying you a salary and staking you, then wear a damn suit!

If you're going to Bright Trading to plunk down $25K, then I'm sure Don won't mind you showing up in a "sweatpants-casual" look.

:D

6. slumpey

slumpey

I am going to meet with someone from Worldco, Hold Brothers, and Lynx Capital. Please be honest and tell me what would be appropriate for each. All prop. trading firms

7. i disagree. you need to project yourself into the role and act like you belong. if it's semi-formal (like ETG), then definitely a suit. if it's informal (WORLDCO), then business casual - dress shirt, dark pants, and black shoes

8. rs7

rs7

And be well groomed. I have interviewed guys that came in unshaven and needing a haircut, etc.

A first impression is a one time shot.

9. slumpey

slumpey

dafugginman: is black dress pants, black dress shoes, and dark blue colared business shirt okay for NYC meeting tomorrow.

#10     Aug 15, 2002