Interviews With Legendary NQ Traders

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Arthur Deco, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Yes, estimaple Doctor Deco, we are all here. It is the daily quiet time in NQ, we presume you in the United Estates are happily ambusing your mistresses while you conform to siesta, and we here are enjoying the javas to prepare for the long boring Friday afternoon ahead. Our veneariable trading guru Hypostomus taught us in his latest seminar here not to expect much on Friday when the price starts entwining the VWAP, coiling ever tighter, like two pythons confused about whether they are fighting or making love, and unable to separate enough to double check their respectable genders.

But to answer your question, my most treasured trading possession is a knuckle bone (I know not from which finger) of my ancestor and namesake from 24 centuries ago. Few of you in the West (which strictly speaking is East of us) know that after the death of his more famous father Rahula went on to become a wealthy used elephant trader and invented the candlestick methodology for trading elephant compost futures.

I treasure it because we here are attempting a fusion of the Hershey method with the Hypostomus method, which we tentatively refer to as Herstomous (others want to say Hyposhey), and we toss the knuckle bone to resolve conflicts between the two as yet imperfectly fused methods. What else are we to do?

Hypostomus swears by (and sometimes at) the VWAP, whereas it is nowhere mentioned in the Hershey canon, although one must say that said canon is by now at least as long as the scriptures of the Tathagata, and we have not yet completed our Hershey index, being that the canon grows faster than our scribes can read it, much less understand it.

#31     Mar 9, 2007
  2. I deeply regret that I asked. I am quite stunned by your response, because here Hypostomus is universally regarded as quite the fool. We hold him in no better regard, than, say, a born-yesterday Hershey accolyte with his first post to his credit, which isn't saying much.

But to continue with the questionnaire: On what occasion do you lie about trading?

#32     Mar 9, 2007
  3. Oh, most assuredly, like everyone else, when we post on ET.

#33     Mar 9, 2007
  4. That being the case, tell us, please why you even remotely consider what Hypostomus teaches you to have any value? Relative to the value Mr. Hershey brings, that is, all things on ET being relative.

#34     Mar 9, 2007
  5. Oh, that is easily! Whereas the revered Jack tells us when to trade, the ancient Hypostomus tells us when NOT to trade. For example, as I write NQ does not now satisfy the Hypostomean conditions for adequate range and volume, so we are all standing around bullockshitting...oh Krishna on a crutch, price just rolled down out of its consolidation and we are all long at 1766.75 near what Hypostomus said was the LOD. Quick, Arjuna, what does Hershey say do now? Excuse me, please, we are having an ecumenical, canonical and epistemological crisis here.

#35     Mar 9, 2007
  6. I see. To continue: What is your greatest trading regret?

#36     Mar 9, 2007
  7. That in following Hypostomus we have had to give up scalping (we are Indians, you know). He tells us not to aspire to the mystical Hershean 3X, but to satisfy our lowly brown little selves with 1X/3, which he recommends that we achieve by persistently seeking tops and bottoms using classical TA with tight stops.

#37     Mar 9, 2007
  8. Moving right along; What words or phrases do you most overuse in trading?

#38     Mar 9, 2007
  9. "Oh, FUCK!"

#39     Mar 9, 2007
  10. Thank you, Rahula, and best of luck with your NQ trading. You are an inspiration to us all.

(As an aside, would you mind very much calling your trades to me in real time in PMs? I think I know how to make good use of them.)

#40     Mar 9, 2007