Interview with God

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Agreed. Very nice. Thanx.

#11     Jan 14, 2008
  2. There is a God, take it from me pal. Seek him and his wisdom. Listen to your inner voice, it knows God.

Rennick out:cool:

#12     Jan 14, 2008
  3. Ditto. Whenever I'm in the company of an atheist, I let them go ahead of me, they need back up.

#13     Jan 14, 2008
  4. I was just thinking of how to get a dog to stop biting his tail.

#14     Jan 15, 2008
  5. I also think that a belief system based on a ancient theory that has never been observed or proven in a scientific setting is nothing but make-believe. I've also heard it referred to as "goo to you via the zoo." From Einstein's Theory of Relativity, to the Laws of Thermodynamics, to Big Bang properties, to noticeable design properties it takes more faith in this current day to be an athiest based on observed scientific evidence not too mention the whole contradiction part. :) Have you given Christ an honest chance?

#15     Jan 15, 2008
  6. We keep playing telephone tag. Our schedules seem to perpetually conflict. Don't you just hate when that happens?

#16     Jan 15, 2008
  7. How wonderful it must be for you to know everything and to be able to express it so well.

#17     Jan 15, 2008
  8. I thought the presentation was ultra hallmarky and cheesy. It's a good message, but aren't they all? The second "God" is mentioned, the message tends to become "pure".

As for interviewing with God, I think I'd make her laugh. That's enough for me.

(a moment of silence please as I celebrate my 420 post) :)

#18     Jan 15, 2008
  9. The interview was with an imaginary character, but I thought he was a pretty nice, understanding, old guy with a gentle sense of humor.

Don't you wish that the nice, gentle, old God guy being interviewed could replace the evil bastard God that you apparently believe in?

#19     Jan 15, 2008
  10. And God populated the earth with broccoli and cauliflower and spinach and green and yellow vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.

And Satan created McDonald’s. And McDonald’s brought forth the 99-cent double-cheeseburger. And Satan said to Man, “You want fries with that?”

And Man said, “Super size them.” And Man gained pounds.

And God created the healthful yogurt, that woman might keep her figure that man found so fair.

And Satan froze the yogurt, and he brought forth chocolate, nuts and brightly colored sprinkle candy to put on the yogurt. And woman gained pounds.

And God said, “Try my crispy fresh salad.”

And Satan brought forth creamy dressings, bacon bits, and shredded cheese.

And there was ice cream for dessert. And woman gained pounds.

And God said, “I have sent your heart healthy vegetables and olive oil with which to cook them.”

And Satan brought forth chicken-fried steak from Cracker Barrel so big it needed its own platter. And Man gained pounds, and his bad cholesterol went through the roof.

And God brought forth running shoes, and Man resolved to lose those extra pounds.

And Satan brought forth cable TV with remote control so Man would not have to toil to change channels between ESPN and ESPN2. And Man gained pounds.

And God said, “You’re running up the score, Devil.” And God brought forth the potato, a vegetable naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition.

And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fat fried them. And he created sour cream dip also.

And Man clutched his remote control and ate the potato chips swaddled in cholesterol. And Satan saw and said, “It is good.”

And Man went into cardiac arrest.

And God sighed, and created quadruple bypass surgery, angioplasties, and stints . . . . .

And Satan created HMOs…

#20     Jan 15, 2008