Interview with deep value investor Monish Pabrai

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Jul 21, 2007.

1. mde2004

mde2004

Bullshit. You cannot make 5-10% a month trading options unless you are trading with a few thousand bucks. You will blow up either way in the end buddy.

#51     Sep 9, 2007

2. This market correction didnot blow me over. I sustained large losses, but as the maket came back up since 8/16/2007 I am even Steven with Mr. Market. I fought my way up, taking every penny, I could lay my hands on every morning. I went after SPX market makers, thats where the losses came, taught them a nice lesson as well, they will remember and posted the strategy for every trader to benifit.

See my post " How to pull the rug on SPX market makers".

I raked in enough last week to be where I was prior to 8/16/2007.

How else I am going to blow up? There must be some major black swan or something, than everyone will go down with me. Still my returns will average 6-9% consistently this month expirations.

#52     Sep 9, 2007

3. I have a 150K- 200k account value. Options are traded on margin collateral, not cash. The account generates 6-9% returns, active hands on trading, no passive, laid back nonsense. The model can be scaled down to $10- 15K with the same results. It can be scaled up to 1,000,000 to 1,500,000 with the same output.

This market correction didn't blow it up? How else am I going to blow up? You guys just keep saying that for a tease or what? Losses were rather large, but they faded as I kept trading on the upsided since 8/16/2007.

#53     Sep 9, 2007

4. The Patels are Jews of India.

#54     Sep 9, 2007