Interview with Brett Steenbarger-Mental Game of Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by MattZ, Sep 26, 2019.

1. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I did an interview and podcast with Brett Steenbarger. Great guy, and provided practical advice. Enjoy!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  2. Thank you for putting this interview together. This is top quality, fundamental information that applies both to retail and professional traders of all experience levels.

You are providing “Value in advance” through your efforts in providing exceptional content to traders whether they are your clients or not. Bravo.

qlai and MattZ like this.
  3. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

You are welcome, and your feedback makes all the effort worthwhile.

4. Peter8519

Peter8519

This is the main reason why flipping through stock charts everyday make perfect sense. Over a long period, the chart patterns are built into our intuition.

MattZ likes this.
  5. Simply flipping through charts won't teach you much of anything. In order to do good pattern recognition, you need to know what the pattern is to start with; otherwise, your brain will inevitably start seeing patterns where there aren't any.

As the good doc pointed out, you need guidance and training. I don't know if anyone's doing this now, or in connection with trading, but Renshaw training routinely taught students to recognize complex patterns with 90%+ success in 1/100th of a second.

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2010/03/enemy

6. Peter8519

Peter8519

Stock chart is not that complex. I don't need to be an AI. I need is to have a feel for the market condition as a guide for my intuition. All I need is an edge and a + win rate. I also look from different angles... A-Z and Industry.

7. I didn't say it was.