interview with 2 firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bsum, Jan 4, 2008.

1. AMW

AMW

I'd like to know what the compensation is at this place. With all the discussion about simplex on this site you'd think there may be hint on what people actually make there.

#31     Jan 25, 2008
  2. Hello,
    I am wondering if you could provide more information on the IMC tests (format, types of questions asked, etc). Any and all information will be helpful.

#32     Jan 28, 2008
  3. I quit working at Simplex after two months as there was not much of a future. You use a market maker program that enters orders in automatically, as one of you had mentioned. The math test seems to be more for show, to make you feel that you are good at math, give you the job if you're gullible and make you believe that you can make money in this. Forget this company, it's a waste of time!

#33     Feb 20, 2008
  4. AMW

AMW

Can you comment on what the monthly take-home comp is for traders(after fees and profit split)? I get alot of questions about this place. I'm guessing its about $1500 to $2000.

#34     Feb 20, 2008
  5. Monthly take home? This is a salaried position. They give you a bonus when they feel like they need you. If you haven't been picked up for your TALENTS at a Goldman or a hedge fund like Citadel you're hopeless. The days of clerking and then earning a lot of money because you worked your way up and enduring the open auction pits is over. Please! Find what you are better than everyone else at and utilize it. Greed is not enough to make it in trading. You need talent, an EXPERT MENTOR, and luck. Getting very rich $10MM+ has a very low rate of occurence so focus on what you're best at and enjoy because that is what life is about.

#35     Feb 20, 2008
  6. very insightful....thanks

I'm thinking equity analyst/CFA route, work towards a hedge fund or something.

#36     Feb 21, 2008
  7. dr_sean

dr_sean

months later didn't see there were a # of guys here going for internships, anybody get anything???

#37     Jun 9, 2008