interview with 2 firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bsum, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Who the hell put a rocket up your ass? I was thankful you said you can make a lot more in futures. I was kind of debating about trading futures and thought that was a helpful comment.

If you jumpt to conclusions that quickly, then I'm amazed you're a good trader. Consider yourself lucky you can make money.

#21     Jan 9, 2008
  2. sorry bro no harm no foul! There are so many people on this site that talk sh$t I was just tired of it, good trading to you man.
    P.S. you have to jump to conclusions that quickly trading futures or something will be thousands up your a$$ within a minute or less! For example let's say you're short 30 bonds and it pops 4 ticks real fast, you're down $3750 in a the blink of an eye!

#22     Jan 9, 2008
  3. Does anyone know what other options trading firms have internships aside from DRW, Simplex, and Wolverine? I've applied to all three, had an interview with one but didn't really shine.

Also any comments on the book "Heart on the street" which has quantitative questions from interviews? I might crunch through something like that so I don't get slaughtered next time.

My search continues but it's getting late in the game for the great summer internships.

#23     Jan 11, 2008
  4. IMC's test is more like an IQ/aptitude test than a pure fast number cruncher test. They are electronic option mm's for the most part.

GL

#24     Jan 12, 2008
  5. AMW

AMW

Doesn't simplex just do "soft marketmaking?" They pile on to large bids/offers through cust accounts and try and flip. Why is there a math test?

#25     Jan 24, 2008
  6. that I do not know...but I just got the rejection email yesterday. weird, I thought the test/ pre-interview went well.

#26     Jan 24, 2008
  7. AMW

AMW

My guess is that they probably had a rough month..........

#27     Jan 24, 2008
  8. Sorry to hear that. I'm interested in them, too, but haven't even made it to the test/pre-interview stage.

I had a phone interview with another options shop (rejected). Had an interview with a local hedgie today. I have a phone screen with one of the big 5 next week. But that is the total extent of my interviewing.

I feel like I'm pretty much striking out in terms of getting offers. I can keep my job (I'm in an evening MBA program) but I'd really like to get an internship as a career-changer.

#28     Jan 24, 2008
  9. jsmooth

jsmooth

every other week i see threads about guys having interviews at Simplex....whats the deal with that firm, are they trying to expand and hire a ton of new guys, or do they have huge turnover so they always have positions to fill?

#29     Jan 25, 2008
  10. bt116

bt116

Im pretty sure its the latter. There's not that many people working there.

#30     Jan 25, 2008