interview with 2 firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bsum, Jan 4, 2008.

1. bsum

bsum

I have an interview with 2 firms next week in Chicago: IMC & Simplex.

Anyone have some input into the logic exams and the interview process.

Thanks in advance.

2. speed speed speed, trading is all about how fast you can compute numbers and such

3. The simplex one is pretty easy

4. looks like Shontay Driggers is not their HR person anymore either. All emails go to a Howard Lien........I just applied

5. Is this for full-time or internship? I'm applying to these kinds of places for internships when they have them.

I'm reasonably good with numbers but I have a feeling there could be some scary math in these interviews.

6. full time but I know peak6, DRW & wolverine have summer internships.

7. I must correct myself. Guess the online ad was wrong. Just got this in the e-mail box today:

Dear Robert,

This email confirms your attendance at the test meeting on Thursday, January 17 th at 1:30 pm. You will have 20 minutes to complete the test and once you are done with the test you will meet with Caroline Chiu.

Our offices are located in the Loop, 525 W Van Buren St. Ste. 1300. Please ask for me at the front desk when you arrive.

For further information about our firm please visit our web site at www.simplexinvestments.com.

The best way to reach me is via email at sdriggers@simplexinvestments.com. I can also be reached at 312-360-2440.

Sincerely,

Shontay Driggers
    Office Manager

8. If anyone is currently with Simplex I would appreciate any info on them. Feel free to pm rather than post if you'd like. I'd be curious how the training program is, compensation in and after training, and opportunities.
    Thanls

9. Why do you bother with such crappy boilerroom operations? Join a bulge bracket firm, or if u don't have the credentials, flip burgers at McD.

10. bt116

bt116

that was kinda harsh wasn't it janny? do you have something against any of the firm he mentioned? try to offer something to the post rather than just insulting people, its beneath you.

#10     Jan 7, 2008