Interview ?s

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by tbomb, Jun 11, 2003.

1. tbomb

tbomb

I have an interview with one of the most prestigious prop shops in NYC. If there is anyone out there that could offer some advice as to what type of questions are asked, and what they are looking for in a candidate, please share your knowledge. Thank you.

2. What firm is it with? Perhaps someone could help you.

good luck:)

3. so you might want to freshen up

4. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

If its a true trader position (as oppossed to putting up your own funds) then prepare to be abused ..... The most infamous interviews I remember were those of CRT: they would put you through several rounds and then a some point put you in a room with a bunch of people in a circle with you in the middle and rattle off questions to see how you reacted.

5. yeah but the dooleys and van heckes and ritchies would do it for fun

6. They're looking for $$$$$$$$!!!!!

They're just gonna ask you obvious questions. I had to talk about myself. No Biggie! Getting in is easy, but staying is hard.

Good Luck!

trend:D

7. Mecro

Mecro

What firm?

If it's FNYS, they are not prestigious. Been there already, had an interview. I think they are sad. You wont make much money there.

8. okwon

okwon

Really? I have heard from people that know traders there that they do well. They supposedly have high buying power and take large positions for swings and are not just daytrading.

All hearsay though, so I'm not sure.

Mecro, did you get offered a position and turn it down? Or did you not get an offer?

9. jester

jester Guest

Mecro,

FYNS, we just interviewd a guy from their...he said it was OK but nothing special...he wanted to move west to stop shoveling snow so he visited our office.

J-

10. Mecro

Mecro

I went there for an interview. No real offer, just an invitation to call the guy after I got some trading experience. He said they have guys that have traded for 3-4 years that came to them to start from the bottom (1 year training program)

It just did not make sense that they hire people that already failed at trading. I also know that it's mostly salary and bonus based rather than a straight pay out.

I know I won't be calling back.

#10     Jun 13, 2003