Interview Question & Answer at Prop Firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rollsafe, Apr 21, 2006.

1. rollsafe

rollsafe

Hello

I have to travel to London next week for an interview with Prop Firm "Marex Trading" and I will like this tread to be a list of Questions and Answers from Prop Firms interviews.
    What is the interview process like.

2. This is an exerpt from one of my posts to a similar question. I hope it helps;

"You interviewer may want to assess your level of understanding regarding the futures markets.I would ask you to explain the relationship between spot and front futures markets. How program trades are executed. Whether you are familiar with basket execution methods, and arbitrage methods. Do you know how to execute orders manually if you have to. Do you have knowledge of any of the many automated execution systems. What type of risk management protocols are you familiar with. How do you currently size bets. How do you factor in the overseas markets, bonds, oil, gold, etc into your decision. What is track record to date? Are you familiar with any programming languages. Do you know how to organize a basic spreadsheet. These are a few of the basic questions you may be asked.

Steve

3. jerryz

jerryz

lol chances are about zero he will ask you any of that.

if the interviewer like you, he'll hire you. if he doesn't, he won't.

4. trom

trom

I got asked stuff like this:

What do you think it means to be successful?

Why do you want to be a trader?

What's 125 divided by 2?

What kinds of problems do you find to be the most difficult?

What did the markets close at yesterday?

If you had 1k to invest a year ago, knowing what you know now, where would you have put it?

If it's 1:20pm what is the angle between the hands on the clock?

Tell me about a time you've had to deal with failure.

etc...

5. Marex = Refco.

Same players, different name. Likely the same business
    model too. Pure Ponzi. Stay away.