Interview help

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by spkkoz, Mar 26, 2007.

1. spkkoz

spkkoz

Hello. I am going on an interview next week, and I was told to be prepared for some questions. I believe they are going to ask:

1. Where will the economy be in the next 6 months?
    2. Pick an indsutry that you think will be profitable to invest in the next 6 months?
    3. Within that industry pick a company that you would want to invest in.

I have some ideas from various resources, but I just want to make sure I am on the same track as you guys. Thanks.

2. Surdo

Surdo

Do you think anybody here has a clue?

3. Or the interviewer? :D

4. Let me guess... are you interviewing for Barron's? :D

5. spkkoz

spkkoz

Thanks for the help, are you considering being a comedian?

6. I believe here what they're really asking is your thought process.

ex: Well I researched health care and found that some bills are going to be passed that will encourage spending and research and I've talked to some health care professionals and they told me the summer period is the busiest period. Furthermore there appears to be some unfounded pessimism on a few health care stocks right now and barring a recession these stocks could bounce, I've looked at their charts and business plan etc

8. semiopen

semiopen

Those aren't bad questions for the last six months.

9. Ditto. There really is no right answer to your question. They want you to show them how to read balance sheet, how to pick stocks, fundamental analysis, etc for I-bank, corporate finance type jobs. Or do quant, crunch #s, P/L on the fly, etc. for trader jobs.

10. spkkoz

spkkoz

Thanks for the help!

#10     Mar 26, 2007