Interview Advice

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by knocks420, Feb 27, 2006.

1. I have an interview upcoming with a trading group (not prop) and was wondering what type of questions to expect and any advice/hints as to what they might be looking for. I should say that this is just a screening interview so I assume there will be more after this. Thanks for any help!

2. unless your birthday is 420... don't mention your username.

3. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

Glad to see you got an interview. I was asked alot of logic/math questions and the traditional why questions.

4. Ebo

Ebo

5. Our company looks for people with drive, pure and simple. A real desire to want to be a trader. But if you are worried about the logic questions, maybe this link helps http://halcyon.usc.edu/~kiran/msqs.html here are some here.

6. Can anyone tell me about Bluefin Trading? I can't find a lot of info thru google or the exchange sites but I believe their into ETF's, commodities, and arbitrage.

7. bitrend

bitrend

You might PM to steve46, he may be able to give you some idea and preparation.

8. phew, the interview was tough. There was basically none of that nonsense filler stuff, i.e. 'what's your greatest strength/weakness'....

It was like 10 probability/math questions. I already know I screwed up on some simple computation questions. Most definetly the nerves because I felt myself fumbling. I THINK I did well on the probability questions. I'll probably end up posting to the questions on here to double check.

But all in all it was much more then I imagined and I felt I wasn't fully prepared, hence I am disappointed with my performance. All I can say is it was good practice for next time.

Let's see if I get a call back but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

9. Knocks did you get called back?

What were some of the questions?

10. Look on the bright side.

If they don't call you back, then your intuition of screwing up the interview was right... maybe good enough to be a trader.

#10     Jun 3, 2006