Intersting economic perspective.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dinoman, Oct 11, 2008.

1. dinoman

dinoman

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NIfH0vY2ANA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NIfH0vY2ANA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. poyayan

poyayan

Ha. This is so funny and true..:)

3. dicul

dicul

haha I got this in an e-mail this morning from my mom believe it or not.

NEW STOCK MARKET TERMS:

CEO --Chief Embezzlement Officer.

CFO-- Corporate Fraud Officer.

BULL MARKET -- A random market movement causing an investor to mistake himself for a financial genius.

BEAR MARKET -- A 6 to 18 month period when the kids get no allowance, the wife gets no jewelry, and the husband gets no sex.

VALUE INVESTING -- The art of buying low and selling lower.

P/E RATIO -- The percentage of investors wetting their pants as the market keeps crashing.

BROKER -- What my broker has made me.

STANDARD & POOR -- Your life in a nutshell.

STOCK ANALYST -- Idiot who just downgraded your stock.

STOCK SPLIT -- When your ex-wife and her lawyer split your assets equally between themselves.

FINANCIAL PLANNER -- A guy whose phone has been disconnected.

MARKET CORRECTION -- The day after you buy stocks.

CASH FLOW-- The movement your money makes as it disappears down the toilet.

YAHOO -- What you yell after selling it to some poor sucker for $240 per share.

WINDOWS -- What you jump out of when you're the sucker who bought Yahoo @ $240 per share.

INSTITUTIONAL INVESTOR -- Past year investor who's now locked up in a nuthouse.

PROFIT -- An archaic word no longer in use.:mad:

4. It was a very good commentary... :)
    Trying to isolate economy from humanity is absurd of course, and the strong link are the producers and consumers. That is how we can see the "mixed economy."

Culling the herd and reducing number of humans - rising food prices and turning deaf ears to starvation - those are more crude methods we will see in the future. That means enormous pressure on the regions that have sufficient food, riches and national wealth or resources.

If you want to establish a "family brand" for the future - you invest in food production in Brazil and for exporting. In 2050 it is projected to be 10 billion people living on the earth - and the need for food will be absolutely immense. Brazil is a key world food exporter, and so will probably Russia become with their rich soils.

Another - thinking out of the box - solution is looking into how to replant Africa, make it viable for sustaining life and more self-sufficient. As it stands now, Africa is a whole continent being wasted - and they increase family members to increase chances of making it into the future. The secondary effect is a strong influx onto other parts of the world, and sharply rising crime. The situation in Brazil where the easily perceived skewed system and extremely poor income distribution (one of the worst in the world) has resulted in corruption saturation and explosive crime. During the military dictatorship, the army and police were effective through strong suppressive control - but the need for land reform is just becoming more and more evident.

So, some new solutions must be found - or start making 3m high walls with electrical fences on top, just like my house in Brazil. Eventually - it spills over.
    :)