Interpol issues wanted notice for Assange

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Nov 30, 2010.

1. WikiLeaks: Interpol issues wanted notice for Julian Assange
    WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange facing growing legal problems around world

The WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, is tonight facing growing legal problems around the world, with the US announcing that it was investigating whether he had violated its espionage laws.

Assange's details were also added to Interpol's worldwide wanted list. Dated 30 November, the entry reads: "sex crimes" and says the warrant has been issued by the international public prosecution office in Gothenburg, Sweden. "If you have any information contact your national or local police." It reads: "Wanted: Assange, Julian Paul," and gives his birthplace as Townsville, Australia.

Friends said earlier that Assange was in a buoyant mood, however, despite the palpable fury emanating from Washington over the decision by WikiLeaks to start publishing more than a quarter of a million mainly classified US cables. He was said to be at a secret location somewhere outside London, along with fellow hackers and WikiLeaks enthusiasts

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/nov/30/interpol-wanted-notice-julian-assange

2. Ricter

Ricter

The more I hear about this the more I want the internet generation to battle the world's governments, even if they are wrong. There's something I like about their rebellious proficiency.

3. Oh, I can already see it... The next stage in the "war on terror". This will be used by the Obomb to pass laws for internet censorship. Indeed, I'm sure that something will happen as a result of this which demonstrates how it has 'compromised our safety', and some emergency legislation will be proposed, some internet version of the 'patriot act'. Vive 1984!

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I've got two words for you all.

Extraordinary Rendition.

5. Yes, that or banksta gangsta

Leak military - no worries.

Leak bank docs - fucked hard.

6. Illum

Illum

Amen

7. let's face it Assange must be either retarded or was not getting any in London or both.

How could a sane person engage in unprotected sex with two women (whom presumably he did not really know) when the world major super-powers are eager to silence him? What are the odds those women were hired with the specific purpose of trapping him? I bet one of them was hired by Russia while the other by US.

8. What does protected or unprotected have to do with it?? :confused:

9. the evidence

10. Nah, there's still forensic evidence even if protected many times. It's most always gone though a short time after.... Unless, of course, the woman conceived...

#10     Nov 30, 2010