Interplanetal Scales

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by enzio23, Apr 2, 2019.

Cryptocurrency

1. progreess

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. degradation

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. enzio23

enzio23

What kind of use will bring us blockchain in the nearest Future when it will become occasional to travel between the Planets? How blockchain might help us?Will it be simplier to send cryptocurrency from one planet to another ?

2. luisHK

luisHK

Should be better with Bitcoin, last time i flew to Uranus I forgot my wallet on Earth, and that ruined the week end. Cash is still the preferable currency, IB debit card can't yet withdraw from Uranus atms and internet connection is dodgy out there.

3. luisHK

luisHK

Writing the joke above, i noticed that could have been China rather than Uranus. Lots of websites don't work once you cross the border and plenty of places don't take international credit/debit cards. Some places don't even take cash, and only accept wechat pay !?!

4. mlawson71

mlawson71

I think we should invent interplanetary travel (for humans) first.

dealmaker and Tsing Tao like this.
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yeah, that ol' pesky FTL travel thing. But hey, let's focus on crypto currency problems before we worry about easy crap like that.

6. mlawson71

mlawson71

I don't think that travelling within our own star system will require an FTL engine.

7. Overnight

Overnight

It would prolly' be easier to insert the debit card into a receptacle in Uranus than in China.

Just sayin'.

8. mlawson71

mlawson71

I had no idea about the debit/credit cards. That's wild.

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yeah, sorry. I was making the leap and suggesting that we wouldn't need crypto currency stuff on planets we couldn't really live on, and then suggesting we can't really live on the rest of the planets in our solar system. Yeah, we could probably develop some meager existence on Mars, or Europa, or some other rock - but not in the societal sense that would be meaningful.

10. mlawson71

mlawson71

I think that will depend on what kind of commercial resources can be found on those planets. And whether asteroid mining won't prove more lucrative. But this is all theories about the pretty distant future.

#10     Apr 17, 2019