Internships Summer 2008

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bigbrent701, Oct 8, 2007.

1. haha, well I am trying to figure out what I am going to do. Not sure if I should let the details go at this time :D

#31     Nov 28, 2007
  2. Haha well if it makes you feel better about disclosing details I'm in Canada, the far west part. Far enough from Chicago not to interfere :D

#32     Nov 28, 2007
  3. Canada huh? Do you guys trade snow up there :)

My offer is from a prop shop with a small draw but with what I think is a generous split.

#33     Nov 29, 2007
  4. Snow, ice, baby seals, oil...

Sounds like a good opportunity, though. Let us know how it goes.

#34     Nov 29, 2007
  5. Bumping this thread. Summer is only a few months away!

Update from me...I talked with the branch manager a few weeks ago, and he said if they open a spot for a summer intern, I have the spot. He called yesterday, and we are meeting next Wednesday for an interview. Fingers crossed!

#35     Mar 6, 2008
  6. Best of luck.

Controlled passion is the number one reason they'll hire for a real prop desk at a respected bank.

#36     Mar 6, 2008
  7. I'm being interviewed for the summer intern. spot, but they have told me what that position entails. I doubt its a prop position. When I find out I'll post!

#37     Mar 6, 2008
  8. Had my interview this morning, went really well. I will find out by next week if I got the position.

I will be working on projects with/for teams within the office, as well as on my own. Talking to clients and looking after desks when people aren't there, etc etc.

They didn't mention making coffee so hopefully that's not my job :p

#38     Mar 12, 2008