Internships in NYC

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rateesquad, May 4, 2006.

1. Well absolute, thank you very much for the post. Maybe your are the only sound one from this post.

#51     May 4, 2006
  2. mahras2

mahras2

Knight Capital Group is basically involved in everything from asset management, to equity market making, and to ECN based FX trading (they took over hotspotfx). They have a considerably large sized task force and can sustain internships for students.

#52     May 4, 2006
  3. Sorry, you are mistaken.

Knight is a market maker - in fact the largest on the nasdaq i believe. However, they also have a prop desk, a new research department, and an asset management business. I interned last summer on the trading floor and will be working in the research department this summer

p.s. i am 17 as well - don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch :p

#53     May 4, 2006
  4. OOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh.......now I am the bad guy right, everyone gang up on rateesquad come on take your best shot.......................if you guys wouldn't started it then nothing would happenbut whatever.............and I am so sure that sport whatever your name is trading for Knght Group...............wow what a liar maybe you should reconsider posting that you work for them.

#54     May 4, 2006
  5. mahras2

mahras2

You think a high school intern is allowed to trade at a trading firm?! You will be making copies, doing grunt spreadsheet work, filing, maybe learnings a few things here and there etc. They won't let you touch the trigger even with a 25 feet pole.

#55     May 4, 2006
  6. Already then now you are talking about your good butt-buddy sportmatt so, whats up with that???? how original by the way where did you get that from Duece bigolow: European gigolow. NICE:p

#56     May 4, 2006
  7. I never said I traded for them. I said I worked on the trading floor. I worked with the firm's technical analyst and we sat in the middle of the floor. It was quite an experience

#57     May 4, 2006
  8. exactly. anyways, you should know that by law you need to be 18 to trade - its the line on the resume that counts

#58     May 4, 2006
  9. Sure matt, keep telling that to yourself.

#59     May 4, 2006
  10. Wow if you knew any law what so ever, then you should know that there are things called custodian accounts in which I can officially trade........................wow what a dick which knows absolutely nothing.

#60     May 4, 2006