Internships in NYC

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rateesquad, May 4, 2006.

1. Work on grammar/spelling.

-Kastro

#21     May 4, 2006
  2. tomcole

tomcole

No professional firm in trading will hire a 17 yearold.

1. You're underage

2. Most will only hire Juniors from college, some may hire connected sophmores. If you want to work at a top firm, you need at least a 3.4 from an Ivy, a 3.75+ from non-top tier schools.

If you're looking in May, the best jobs were taken in January.

#22     May 4, 2006
  3. ummmmmmm..........im going to BAruch college for 2 years then transfering to NYU i have to do this becouse i got a full scholarship to Baruch and then the next 2 years i will study in NYU it is better school, im spelling wrong becouse it is forum u dont have to spell stuff right here, thanks anyway, and if no one will hire well im getting intership in a marketing firm annyway due to the fact that im CFO of virtial enterprise firm in my high school it is state sponsored program to get imaginary business going which will helps establish future thinks to come

Well thanks anyway, hope ill get into trading firms in years to come.

#23     May 4, 2006
  4. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.
    :D

Good luck my friend!
    -Kastro

#24     May 4, 2006
  5. I work for a firm that hires interns of any age they have a daily review of tape reading technical analysis head traders go over there trades in a conference room and your put on a simulation system for 3 months if they say you have a good idea of what your doing you go live with there money if you want anymore info just pm me thanks.

#25     May 4, 2006
  6. wow that be great do you want my resume or what do you want me to do???????

#26     May 4, 2006
  7. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

Keep in mind, you are always being judged. There are potential employers everywhere including this forum. Just turned 20 myself...

#27     May 4, 2006
  8. yeah its not that easy is it being underaged trader???:D

discrimination everywhere, everyone thinks you are just a newbie and dont know nothing about stock market..........................a-holes

#28     May 4, 2006
  9. mahras2

mahras2

Well most underage traders don't have a clue what trading is. Most think just because they understand what a few technical indicators and fundamental information are that they are future masters of the universe. Proving that one actually has something intelligent to share is one way to have people take you seriously.

#29     May 4, 2006
  10. Whatever...................I know that I am doing good and i know what I am doing if someone else thinks differently I dont really care I just want an intership to learn little bit more and get my foot into the door of the markets, my dream is to be like Buffet but it is just a dream............... If someone gives me a chance in a trading firm ill prove it, but if anyone thinks different it doesnt really matter to me.

#30     May 4, 2006