Internships in NYC

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rateesquad, May 4, 2006.

1. ***

1. Read, Study & Learn as much as you can about Trading, (Support & Resistance, Moving Average Studies, different Trading Methodologies, Stocks, Options, Mini's, Commodities, etc.-whatever works for you, there's a plethora of info on this site alone) use this time to really hone your skills.

2. Practice Simulation trading of your own account so that at 18, you will have a proven methodology in place with positive expectation and enough experience under your belt so you can trade your own money while in college.

3. Do the work, and put together a good system and by the time you graduate, (or perhaps a few years afterwards), you won't be looking for a job from other people ... they will be coming to you asking you to manager their money.

Best Regards,

Jimmy

#11     May 4, 2006
  2. dealer

dealer

This is more or less what Kenneth Griffin of Citadel did.

#12     May 4, 2006
  3. I know all of the basics support/resistance, fibonnacci #'s, pivot point, all of the oscillators (RSI, MACD,CCI, ADX, Stochastics,etc.), patterns (island, triangles,etc.). I am pretty good at daytrading, and my swing trading methology is not that bad either, I just want to find out if there are firms that are willing to intern me, I work my butt of to learn all of the stock market and become proficient in most of it. I just want to see how real daytraders and investors work, and get some advises from them.

#13     May 4, 2006
  4. At only 17 wow, at 17 I was too busy getting laid, partying and enjoying life, this industry is very hardcore and only the strongest survive and profit from it.

I would consider going to coll0ege (Full Time) and start networking with other peers that share a common intrest and just let life takes it course.

After college you might not want to be trader at all just my opinion. Dont let you're youth pass you by. Some of the best moments in your life will happen between the ages of 16 - 24

#14     May 4, 2006
  5. Very good advice!

#15     May 4, 2006
  6. If you're consistently profitable using these techniques, you've got a lot of the puzzle solved right there.

at this age, there probably isn't anyone who will intern a prodigy like you, but I'll PM you with someone who might be able to give you some more advice along this line (I'm not in the business end of it, so I wouldn't know)

actually, you are a real daytrader and investor, (and probably better than most).

Best Regards,

Jimmy

P.S. If everything you've posted here is true, you're way ahead of both your peers AND most non-professionals who attempt to trade the markets, potential success in life is coming early to you, I would say run with it and see where it will take you.

#16     May 4, 2006
  7. The only reason that Im trading becouse there is no way in hell that im working in Mcdonalds, everything is true and the only time in my city that you can have fun is on friday and saturday until then it is man boring also i am going to college next year got my classes and everything Im majoring in finance/economics. ANy one else with any other advices, advices are gretly appreciated.

#17     May 4, 2006
  8. Somehow this sentence got me. I just thought for a while, that i am the luckiest bastard on earth. I'm still slightly below 25 years old. When i look through these 8 years , i can feel some nostalgia, what will be the next 8 years? ........

#18     May 4, 2006
  9. fine, fine im going to expirence life.................lol

What should be on my list first...................gettin laid
    #2????????????????

#19     May 4, 2006
  10. hey man where are you from? I am 17 as well and have a pretty similar backround as you. What school are you going to next year?

#20     May 4, 2006