Internships in NYC

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rateesquad, May 4, 2006.

1. Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone by any chance knows a prop firm or any other kind of trading/investment firm that might hire an intern over this summer. I have 2 years of expirence in trading, but I am little on the young side. The intrnship does not have to pay me, I am just looking for more experience and guidence toward trading in (equities, options, futures, forex or bonds). All of the help would be greatly appreciated if someone would recommend a company that are willing to give out internships.

Thanks in advance

2. Most prop firms dont really hire interns. but good luck.

3. All you need is 5-10k

:)

4. Check out the websites of the big I-banks, UBS, JP, Goldman. They post a lot of internships for college undergrads. Also if your college offers access to Monstertrak, they post a lot of internships on that.

5. Kastro i have about 6K in my account,

and unfortunatly I am going to college next year, I am finishing up with my high school this month, still 17.

6. I was joking my friend. Only 17, I would wait a year or 2 before trying to get into an internship. Go to school, and you should be able to make contacts with the school you are in.

-Kastro

7. Ebo

Ebo

It would not hurt to hang out in front of the NYSE or NYMEX and just introduce yourself to a few Clerks/Members. A few months on the floor is a valuable experience. Even if you just get lunch and deliver tickets.

8. Well I daytrade my dads account becouse he lets me once in a while only with his strategy thou, but dont u think there is at least one firm that needs an intern or how they say coffee-maker.

9. With the standards on Wall st. you need a degree in Math to serve people coffee!

Start school, you will be amazed at the contacts the career center can make for you.

-Kastro

10. Well already then, lol thanks for advice if that was one :D

#10     May 4, 2006