Internet Speed Shootout! What's your speed!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jackpearson, May 27, 2012.

1. GTS

GTS

[​IMG]

#71     Jun 20, 2012
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Happens during rth several times/day. And yes, I promise you a 55% download speed drop will make a difference. Not to mention the fact that I'm paying for 50. Insanity!

I can get 30 through Comcast, but hear bad things about them.

Not sure what else can be done as it's most certainly on their end, but when you're the only real game in town...

#72     Jun 20, 2012
  3. Andy C

Andy C

Pretty normal speed in Stockholm area. Basic ~ $50/month, I think it's good value for money.

#73     Jun 23, 2012
  4. eTraden

eTraden

I noticed your speedtest results- very impressive! What are running? I'm in the process of upgrading my whole system and I'm considering doing a custom build PC.

Thanks
    -E

#75     Jul 30, 2012
  5. He's in a data center so who knows what hardware it's on but Secaucus is square in the middle of the NJ data centers where NYSE, NASDAQ and a bunch of others are. a 300meg pipe to the internet is pretty fun... I only have a 100meg pipe and Cogent at that :(

#76     Jul 30, 2012
  6. silexx

silexx

This is out of staten island - it's actually a 1Gbps pipe to the internet

#77     Jul 31, 2012
  7. I'm not sure how to reply to that. 250/330 on a gig pipe is terrible/horrible speeds.

I have a 300meg pipe out of 32 AofA and I get 299-300 consistently and the gig pipe I have out of NJ gets 980-1000 (test over RDP from CT) all the time, every time.

Does your IT guy have you throttled? 250/330 on a gig pipe is terrible. What do you pay?

#78     Aug 1, 2012
  8. silexx

silexx

I can come close to saturating the link to other destinations or my NY4 facility just fine - bottleneck are the speedtest servers

#79     Aug 1, 2012
  9. gotcha. Same here. I don't post those speeds because when I become my own server it's fake (like a point to point) vs. using their volunteer's stuff.

Awesome that you have a gig pipe from SI. I generally dislike SI but there are a lot of really great places to eat there... and good views. I also have boxes in NY4. My rack is only 1/2-1/3 full so I have a lot of extra crap in there. If you ever get desperate at 3am shoot me a PM and I can hook you up with CPU compound or tools or whatever else you need.

#80     Aug 1, 2012