Internet Outages

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by ark93, Apr 9, 2019.

1. IamaMars

IamaMars

Well, at first I have 1Gbps connection for like 3.5 yeard already with rarely getting down, maybe cause of heavy rains and so on (ISP before current handled even that!!!! ) and when it was critical and not fixed within few hours it was router power supply (2 times - be sure to buy not cheap and powerfull, something like 10W = 2A, 5V) and if not that I will just go with laptop to any cafe with wifi or so, so I think it's solved for me. Any critics ?

#21     Apr 10, 2019
  2. destriero

destriero

Sure, Bro. What’s the R-value of that fiberglass?

#22     Apr 10, 2019
  3. Overnight

Overnight

There's much to be gained from having POTS when yer a trader.

#23     Apr 10, 2019
  4. schweiz

schweiz

There's much to be gained from having a STOP when yer a trader too.

#24     Apr 10, 2019
    Overnight likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Touche'. But POTS is just as important. :-\

#25     Apr 10, 2019
  6. %%
    Lots any one can do; trade with the trend.
    That + trade with the trend.

The area in TN I'm living now has more very brief power outs; very brief, lights just barley flicker, but computer cuts off- so trading with trend helps.I like FB is stuff like QQQ.Some brokers like SCHW charge much more for phone exits/entry.

I have one of those back up batterys, but i so seldom use it; investing ETFs help also.That way power outs are nothing so to speak. Good question. ARK97:cool::cool:

#26     Apr 12, 2019
    CSEtrader likes this.
  7. T0pH4t

T0pH4t

I don't think this was mentioned, but are you on a residential plan or a business plan with your provider? Usually business plans have an SLA associated with their service and dedicated hot lines, so if you want a better guarantee that is the way to go. As far as a second line, you could tether off your phone...

#27     Apr 12, 2019