Internet Explorer 7.0

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Johnny Utah, Dec 1, 2006.

1. I second 50 cent here. I never heard of Avant until the recommendation here. I like it better than IE 6, IE 7 AND Firefox. Thanks cent!

#31     Dec 14, 2006
  2. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Ditto. I've been using Avant browser for almost 6 months now and it rules. Better than IE or Firefox.

www.avantbrowser.com

+-*/ Math_Wiz

#32     Dec 14, 2006
  3. I've tried avant before, it works quite well.

Opera works well too, and you can tell it to identify itself to websites as IE6... so you wont get any compatibility issues.

#33     Dec 14, 2006
  4. After reading this thread and having already tried IE7, I thought I might try Firefox.

Wow.

The similarities (just in look and feel) between IE7 and Firefox must be more than coincidence. Was there some collaboration between the two, or did MS just steal what they liked?

I had a few crashes in IE7, so I am going to stick with Firefox until if gives me grief (from what I hear it won't).

#34     Dec 15, 2006
  5. You'll soon find out that Firefox is totally customizable. Take a look at "themes" and "extensions" at the firefox website page marked as "add-ons". Have fun!

-kt

ps. Download the "adblock plus" extension to block any/all irritating advertisements, including flash based bullshit. :cool:

The extension I use the most of any software on my computer is called "scrapbook" check it out. I started a thread here on ET about it.

One last thing.. you can arrange, rearrange, or add (like for the new extensions you add) buttons and toolbars to your liking.

#35     Dec 15, 2006
  6. Thanks for the tips kt. I'll be sure to check them out.

#36     Dec 15, 2006
  7. #37     Dec 15, 2006
  8. Glad to see I'm not alone on IE 7 issues. Mine locks up pretty regularly. Most times, I need to reboot to get it to connect again. Other browsers I've used have always been slower that IE versions. The speed is the difference for me.

#38     Dec 15, 2006
  9. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

I also recommend Avant. It has everything IE 6 lacks.

#39     Dec 18, 2006
  10. It's the phish filter that is the problem. Turn it off and it works ok.

John

#40     Dec 18, 2006