Internet Explorer 7.0

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Johnny Utah, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Used it for a month and then reverted. Has incompatibility issues with certain legit websites. Unable to download properly pictures emailed to hotmail / yahoo account, it converts them to a bmp file.... Also problems accessing websites like SendIt!

Reverted to IE6 again.

Maria

#11     Dec 2, 2006
  2. Agree with most posters. Overall, I like IE7, but there are some websites (seems to mostly be secure sites?) it has trouble opening.

And it does hang sometimes for mysterious and seemingly random reasons.

I suspect these probs will be fixed in one of the many many many patches mickysoft will issue. :p

#12     Dec 2, 2006
  3. i downloaded to ie 7 and i could not log on to any web site
    IE 7 sucks i guess and then went back to IE6 now working fine :)

#13     Dec 5, 2006
  4. stylark3

stylark3

Not having problems.

My only complaint so far is that the toolbar does not show up until you hit the ALT key. Then it shows up right away.

:)

#14     Dec 6, 2006
  5. there were some threads about this earlier, do a search.

i too went back to ie6, but then got a recommendation for avant browser - it's ie based and it rules. free of course.

http://www.avantbrowser.com/

you'll never look back.

#15     Dec 6, 2006
  6. I launch Internet Explorer 7 and click on tools, internet options, browsing history, settings.

I change "Check for newer versions of stored pages" to "Every time I visit the webpage" and my login problem disappears.

I change "Check for newer versions of stored pages" to "never" and do not observe the login problem.

I enable pop up blocker and phishing filter, set internet security to medium-high and am able to login to web sites now.

#16     Dec 7, 2006
  7. There is an annoying lag when opening programs or clicking on the start button that makes me want to put my fist through the monitor and throttle Bill Gates

#17     Dec 7, 2006
  8. You guys don't know what you're missing by not using Firefox. Sincerely.

-kt

#18     Dec 7, 2006
  9. i had that lag also but changed my settings like hook n sinker said,and it works alot better now.

I change "Check for newer versions of stored pages" to "never" and do not observe the login problem

#19     Dec 7, 2006
  10. I did upgrade and like it, esp the tabbed browsing.
    Like Firefox better though.

DS

#20     Dec 7, 2006