internet connection?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by huge230, Nov 28, 2006.

1. gaj

gaj

thanks for the info...i'm (finally!) going to get DSL in january to go along with my cable modem, and have already started researching the manufacturers and products, thanks to the leads above.

that will hopefully eliminate my cursing out the cable company every month or so...

#21     Nov 29, 2006
  2. A static IP will route your data through one line. Without it you go through manny lines before your data gets to its final destination. If you want to see speed at its very best Evolution/sonic trading has the best system i have ever been on. Fees are very high but rock solid system(it will spoil you). Some days i think about going back there but then again it would cost me another 10k a month in fees(F-That)

This site will show you you dload and uplaod speed

http://www.speakeasy.net/ click speed test bottom right then your nearest location

#22     Nov 29, 2006
  3. No, not true.

Static IP means that you get to have the same IP address over time ... so others can find you. Dynamic IP allocation means that the IP address is given to you on a session by session basis. You may get the same address or it may be different.

It has NO implications for the routing of your data unless there are QoS implications for different source users in the system.

#23     Nov 29, 2006
  4. Just to make you jealous and to let you know what
    you might have someday, I live in Tokyo where most
    people have 100 Mbps optical fiber connections for
    around $30 a month.

#24     Nov 29, 2006
  5. #25     Nov 29, 2006

6. What do you think of this?

#26     Nov 29, 2006
  7. That is good enough. As far as that static ip we are both talking about different methods(i mean different ends). Bottom line speed wont be noticeable to any of us. I was talking about an other end but i better keep quiet as i see alot dont know what iam referring too. shhhhhh :D

#27     Nov 29, 2006
  8. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

Don't you guys think we should be running speed tests directly to our order servers? Running a speed test to some popular server is one thing but running to the server you care about is another. I would not be worried so much about download/upload speed but with latency times rather.

Tracert from the command line is one tool you can use to find out how many routes your line takes to get to a certain server. The shorter the better.

#28     Nov 29, 2006
  9. Thats a good point. I don't think I could ping my brokers servers? I asked them about that when I first started trading and they didn't allow it. Probably due to a security issue?:confused:

#29     Nov 29, 2006

10. I agree 100% but i don't think they would make it easy for us to do .

#30     Nov 29, 2006