international stocks sections

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by luisHK, Nov 17, 2016.

1. luisHK

luisHK

Hi

There are already quite a few sections but unfortunately none about international stocks, which means threads about those get quickly buried among other threads on different matters, which doesn't help those discussions.
    If there was a section devoted to international stocks, it would be easier to follow up and the related participation should increase,

Thanks in advance for considering this new section.

Cheers
    Luis

d08 likes this.
  2. And if possible for easier following, divided by country, at least for the main 5 or 6 countries, and then an others section.

3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Nestle ( NSRGY), Swiss company operates in 197 countries; perfect for your retirement account.
    Trades around $69. Not volatile enough to be day or swing traded.

4. luisHK

luisHK

I'm not sure 5 or 6 subsections would be busy enough but that would attract a little more traffic, some posters showed up on China related threads and disappeared as quick as the threads disappeared on the main board, pretty sure it is similar for more european minded posters. They can't be cheaper than the forex posters and would add some traffic, as well as interesting discussions for those investing in non US/non futures markets.

5. luisHK

luisHK

No input from admin, Barron, can you explain why you don't seem to want such a section ?
    It's not like a few professionals dealing with european and asian markets don't enjoy popping out in related threads, it's quite likely if those threads remain more visible, such posters would be more active, or more of them would show up.

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

My silence doesn't indicate that I don't want it. I'm just wondering why international stocks can't be discussed in the current Stocks forum. There's nothing in the description of that forum that indicates that it's for U.S. stocks only.

dealmaker likes this.
  7. The thought that came to mind was not by country, but a sub for European and another for Asian stocks.

Still, I have to wonder how busy they would be. I posed a question on the ACD thread to anyone who trades the DAX or FTSE futures or CFD contracts using that methodology, and got zero response. A lot of stuff is traded by the folks there, but it would appear to be US oriented, FX aside.

Interest in non-US instruments seems to be from those who take a global macro approach, a minority here I think. A handful trade the DAX actively, from what I've read, not too much else.

8. Yes, having such sub-threads under the Stocks thread, as is done with futures, might generate a response that is really nil at present.

9. luisHK

luisHK

Indeed, next time I post something about asian or european markets i'll post it in the Stocks forum, it will remain visible a bit longer than in the Trading section.
    Yet I agree with Learner2007 : having subforums by region would keep the topics more visible and probably attract more participation.

While a bit quieter than the trading forum, the Stock one is still very much active and non US related threads will get buried rather fast, and far from each other, not encouraging related discussions.
    Besides i was more thinking in terms of international markets rather than specific international stocks, some of those threads fit in futures and etfs forums but others like the one below not quite. For one I'd rather find and post all threads related to asian products in an Asian forum rather than split them between Stocks, Etfs and futures

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...-index-why-big-individual-differences.304471/

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016