International Futures Trading Platform

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by CPTrader, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Hi guys, speaking of international markets, anyone familiar with a reasonably priced broker that trades TOCOM and CME? Currently trading through UOB in Singapore but looking for other options....

#21     Jan 25, 2010

2. Just guessing, but if your name, maninjapan, means you are
    in Japan, can't you use a local broker? If you are here, but have a language problem, check out Dot Commodity. I just saw that at least part of their site is in English. Don't know if their platform is though.
    http://www.commodity.co.jp/english/

Or check this out if you're not in Japan.
    http://www.tocom.or.jp/marketaccess/brokerm.html

#22     Jan 25, 2010
  3. Thanks Learner, yeah I live in Japan. Actually need a broker with access to CME as well (actually Nymex too). Dot Commodity only offer CFD's...

language isn't a problem, just the the local brokers here (to the best of my knowledge), are expensive when trading US markets.

#23     Jan 25, 2010
  4. Couldn't you use 2 brokers, a local for TOCOM and IB for CME?

#24     Jan 25, 2010
  5. juanmon

juanmon

I don't think CQG has access to the MEFF, and if you look at their exhanges by broker page on the website, very few brokers offer Asian exhanges (actually none offer Tokyo and only a few offer SGX.)

#25     Jan 25, 2010
  6. H2O

H2O

I have used it in the past - as a prop trader with Marex / Refco - not sure about retail brokers offering this platform, but I suggest you contact them to find out...

Not the cheapest platform btw....

I only used it for a short period, I preferred other platforms, but know a few people who have been using it for years and are still quite happy..

Their RTS Tango platform is what they seem to be focusing on now - automation, but for non-programmers... We had a demo of it when my old company was considering it, but decided to write our own dedicated software instead. It was very impressive though (and so was pricing)

Hope this helps

#26     Jan 25, 2010
  7. yeah thats one of my options, but it involves a bit of messing around with margin calls and transfers so Im trying to stay away from that.

#27     Jan 25, 2010
  8. What is Barx ?

#28     Jan 25, 2010
  9. It's a collective name for a set of execution tools offered by Barclays...

#29     Jan 25, 2010
  10. gap969

gap969

do a search ... there's traders Securities in Japan which offers CME/SGX/TOCOM

#30     Feb 9, 2010