Intern?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Mirah, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Mirah

Mirah

Hi, I live in USA. I am looking to learn trading and want to be an inter or assistant to a trader and learn from them.
    I am very serious about a career change and need some help to begin my new career.
    I am a quick learner and very hardworking.

2. Handle123

Handle123

In the time I been on ET, I been PM'd over 200 people of all type of levels, as I know others have been as well, all those wishing to learn say they quick learner and will work hard, they all are looking for career change and are serious and all need help to begin. I personally don't know anyone willing to give up their freedom of having someone sit next to them, whole idea of being Independent trader is being left alone so can concentrate alone. I use to have newbs sit next to me 20 years ago and ALWAYS cost me a car once a week as they asking questions or just being there messed me up.

One of the best ways to make money in markets is spread trading, pony up some money or get a job and save up. I am not an agent of any vendor but Bones I understand has one hell of good course on spread trading. And I don't know of anyone else that teach spreads nor any really good books on spread trading, it becoming a dying art cause pits are done.

3. RRY16

RRY16

I have heard it is very difficult to get an assistant position on Handle 123's desk, I know his assisant Jim Beam has been there for years.

IAS_LLC, Zzzz1 and cjbuckley4 like this.
  4. You wouldnt want to sit next to me during trading, too much flatulence.

5. Try to get into automation from the getgo.Stay away from the online courses, indicators- shmuficators and other non sense.

6. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

How about you read your posts before you send them so they are free of spell errors? Generally I would not care but when you look for someone to take you under his/her wings it gives a very bad impression if you cannot even phrase a single sentence without spelling error. That aside, how can you convince anyone you are hard working and a quick learner? Can you walk us through some projects or evidence to back up what you claim?

7. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

lol

8. He doesn't want to be an English professor. Give him a break. Maybe he's a mathematical savant with English being his second language.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  9. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

So is mine, and I am sure I would have been tossed out of any previous job application process at the banks and hedge funds, I worked at, had my application reflected a general carelessness.

How can someone be sure he won't mess up a simple time series analysis if it is already too much to ask to get a simple English sentence wrong?

That's just my 2 cents on this topic, I believe being meticulous is part of the job requirement in this industry. But I respect and note your differing view.

dealmaker likes this.
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

That's a first. Good job, ....you're learning.

#10     Oct 23, 2016
    speedo likes this.