Intermarket analysis with Vantage Point

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stockoptionist, Aug 27, 2002.

1. rcreal,

Why did you say pricing bands and probable highs and lows aren't useful? Personally, I don't trade off, e. g., Bollinger Bands, but I refer to it once in a while and I think it's useful to at least some traders. And what problems do you see with Neural Nets and Genetic Algorithms (whatever it is I have no idea). Can you clarify?

stock.

#11     Aug 29, 2002
  2. AAA,

That's exactly what I want to find out before saying trading off such relationships is problematic. Perhaps, I don't have as much experience as you have in the markets, but I do believe there's order in the markets. And, long-term relationships are built of short-term ones.

I'm not looking for the holy grail, but I do believe that some systems are better than others in capturing such market relationships. I don't know which one is the best, but I've seen systems that are better than others.

stock.

#12     Aug 29, 2002
  3. max44

max44

Intermarket Analysis works for the long term... but changes now and then ranging from a year to 10or 20 odd years eg a method called decoupling where once coupled markets tend to "decouple" some time in the future; and i'm taking years. If you read the book "Intermarket Analysis" by Murphy he mentions all this. He also has given positive reference to Vantage Point. But what if once correlated markets starts to "decouple" what then.... all software calculation for the neural network modules in Vantage point would have to change right?! Now THAT'S NOT mentioned..... are they aware of that???!!!!

I have tried VP for a year now... Yes the sales person was pushy and being in the UK wanted me to find other sales for him in the UK..... !!

I, like others, find that there PMA was good, but their predicted H & L was in accurate and useless at times. You are better off using candlestick charting which is effective using metastock with a plugin.... which still doesn't come anywhere near VP price.

I Really want get my money back on this, but it's been a year and i haven't really made any greater amounts of money from it than to just use my own trading ways/rules.... i have just made more money from experience and getting better.... but not from the software!

Anybody know how i can get my money back from these please.
    Or if anyone wants to test it out for themselves.... maybe i missed something....

#13     Aug 27, 2004
  4. jaw1958

jaw1958

The only way to get your money back from them will land you in jail where you might find it hard to spend there.

#14     May 8, 2005