Interesting transcript with InterbankFX

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by bigmrfrank, Apr 21, 2006.

1. 24-48 hours for a wire transfer? I've always been able to get one done either same day or if I initiated it at night have it received by around noon the next day. Sounds bogus to me.

#11     Apr 21, 2006
  2. Actually I was having a great day. Caught a nice 35 pip euro slide on board with 30 lots. You caught it too, right?

I didn't ask why a check takes 7 days to clear ... I asked why thier policy is to not SEND a check for 7 days after the request. Was that over your head?

FWIW, I have the finest and most well paid CS/SS in my industry ... mostly because I weed out the "Adams".

How in the world does one discuss a large account with an FX firm and NOT bring up Refco??? If they aren't pre-prepared to deal with that question it brings them into question not me.

I make no apology for being a hard ass, especially to a broker.

I also make no apology for having large accounts. Am I really supposed to real bad about that? I'll contemplate that during my limo home.

#12     Apr 21, 2006
  3. Who's looking for sympathy? Not me. Well maybe ... Pooooor me, I can't trade wireless after playing golf. For the better. Just a warning for others. If the post was not taken as such then there is not much I can do about that.

#13     Apr 21, 2006
  4. Exactly. And they don't send out a check for 7 days after the request. That was the point of the post but alsa that was missed by most.

#14     Apr 21, 2006

5. Show your trade statement showing you made 35 pips with 30
    lots then I will believe you. Otherwise, you sound like a piker.

From your "having a good day" conversation with Adam boy it
    does not, repeat does not say anything about sending a check for
    7 days. Do you expect us to read your mind on this one?

If you are scared of running into a "Refco" thing, then get out of
    the FX market right now. It is not for you. Trade currency futures
    or whatever you think might be safer to you. It's a no-brainer.

And you weren't being an ass, just a brat if you ask me.

As far as riding a limo home, why not buy a nice car and drive it
    home yourself? You can drive can't you?... LOL...

Potential 6 figure account my ass... Maybe you should of told Adam
    up front about this so-called "potential 6 figure account" and
    maybe, just maybe he would of kissed your ass MORE than he
    already did. How much ass-kissing do you need anyway Frank?

#15     Apr 21, 2006
  6. jm73

jm73

Is trading 30 lot considered big play?

If it is, maybe I am dreaming too much...

I am thinking about trading at least 50 lots when I am ready to quite my day job....

Should I lower my bar?

#16     Apr 21, 2006
  7. This part does sound bogus. If Adam boy quoted 3 days for a
    wire transfer I would run as fast as I could away from these saps...

#17     Apr 21, 2006
  8. I have to prove to you a lousy 35 pip move? Is that a big deal for you? Pick a fight elsewhere.

I clearly asked him to justify his company policy to hold OUTGOING checks for 7 days after a request is submitted. That's what the website states. No mind reading required. Do you wait for 7 days after you request money from your account? I hope not.

My current FX account is covered by a Fidelity 14 bond against going Refco. Better than a sharp stick in the eye NO?

Myself and inner circle employees always take the limo on Fridays. It's a great perk and we can get as drunk as we desire. I buy of course ... another perk.

I didn't tell him the nature of my account size looking to see how everyone is treated. I guess that is of little concern to you. That's the nature of your attack isn't it? My account size. Geez.

Anyway, nothing personal, have a great day and strive for the account size that makes you happy.

#18     Apr 21, 2006
  9. It says 2 - 3 days on thier site. Fishy right?

#19     Apr 21, 2006
  10. 30 is nothing but it was a pretty nice wave to catch while listening to one of my vendor's hold music loops. 50 is nice but it really depends on your account size and trading style.

#20     Apr 21, 2006