Interesting thoughts about God and society

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Sep 9, 2003.

1. trdrmac

trdrmac

Following the logic of Ms Graham's thought process, I wonder how she would explain how God let Pearl Harbor occur?

#21     Sep 10, 2003
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Back to the first post. I think this thread has gone way off topic. I think the point of her statement was not about whether or not God exist or not. I think she was making a point about our society. You commonly hear after a major tragedy from all the atheists out there, why didn't God stop this and why didn't God stop that. How could he let this happen and how could he let that happen. Obviously the point made about freewill explains most of that. But I think this girl was simply firing back at the criticism of God after something like 9/11 happens. So she went through and I believe sarcastically talked about how we as a society are working so hard to remove God from it. I mean one minute people are fighting to get God and religion out of our lives then the next minute they want to know why he is not here to save us from our own stupidity. It's kind of tongue and cheek. Her remark was not to be taken at face value but rather to show the hypocrisy of the anti-religous people in this country. I mean I know I keep bring up this stupid Mambla organization but its only because it's an extreme example. How can a country who is fighting for the rights of an organization whose sole purpose is to walk adult men through a step by step process of how to rape 6 year old boys, how can we truly say we want God in our life. clearly we don't. As many americans, mostly Democrats, continue to give money to the ACLU who vigorously supports and defends this vile organization. I think many people have clearly shown us that they don't want God in our country. Not from a political standpoint but rather how we choose to live our lives. We are intent on destroying ourselves that is certain. And we don't need anybody's help on that. But the next time there is a tragedy in this country, don't blame God, blame yourself.

#22     Sep 10, 2003
  3. LMAO

LMAO

It's NAMBLA (north american man boy love association).

no, i'm not a member. :)

#23     Sep 10, 2003
  4. According to most religions, it is indeed.
    However, it is every Muslim's duty to live their life as the prophet Mohammad led his. Mohammad was of course a mass-murdering pedophile gang leader, so the 9/11 hijackers were clearly nothing more than faithful, observent Muslims, poudly following in the tradition of the prophet Mohammad.

#24     Sep 10, 2003
  5. tampa

tampa

And the ACLU defends their right to talk about raping 6 year old boys - not the actual act. Just as a point of fact.

Another point - it's the "believers" who question why or how God could permit bad things to happen - the non-believers know better.

And still another point - Billy's daughter was not being sarcastic. Every word she said was aimed at the poor souls who take her father's every word as "gospel", if you'll pardon the expression.

#25     Sep 10, 2003
  6. tampa

tampa

I guess you ain't to familiar with the Old Testament - you might want to read a bit about the things your God ordered before you talk about Allah and Mohammed...just a suggestion.

You also might want to use the spell checker a bit more...

#26     Sep 10, 2003
  7. Where in the Old Testament was there an action by God that could be considered destructive where there wasn't some type of transgression perpetrated by the victims of that action?

#27     Sep 10, 2003
  8. LMAO

LMAO

what's funny about mohammed and all these religious figures... IF the MAN existed, he was probably just some asshole...yet all these people all over the world worship him. pretty silly! same goes for jesus.

#28     Sep 10, 2003
  9. At least Jesus was a nice guy who never killed anyone. Mohammad was an illiterate camel-driver who devoted his entire life to pillage & murder.

As far as the Old Testament (which I see as mainly fiction), Many Old Testament heros led peaceful lives (Abraham, Jacob, Issac, ALL the Prophets,Job, Noah, etc...) Some committed violence, but only as clear retribution/defense (Moses, Deborah, David...) I'm hard pressed to think of anyone commiting unprovoked violence for conquests' sake, besides Joshua.

No comparisson whatsoever to Islam, which is based on unprovoked conquest,misery, theft & murder for Allah.

#29     Sep 10, 2003
  10. tampa

tampa

I think that you will find a number of instances where God ordered the Israelites to "smite" the "infidels", and to keep their gold, and their virgin daughters - what a nice God.

As for the peaceful Jesus - I don't seem to remember Him denouncing any of His Father's commands, do you?

#30     Sep 10, 2003