Interesting Prop Firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by InyOutty, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Thanks for the nice words CR. And thanks to everyone for their comments on EGM's site. Your feedback is valuable and constructive and will be passed along to our marketing folks.

All the best,

Robert McLister
    President, EGM

#21     Mar 6, 2003
  2. dss... black boxes are in, right?

#22     Mar 6, 2003
  3. RobertMcLister,
    Good luck. Regardless of your firm's value or merit or profitability or even profitunity, the very fact that you are willing to sign onto these boards like Mr. Bright and respond to every whining complaint and rumor is more than the community could ever expect.

#23     Mar 6, 2003
  4. Man I can not stop laughing, profitunity this is some word.

#24     Mar 6, 2003
    #25     Mar 6, 2003

6. Thanks Robert for your participation. I am sure that you are very busy, and its always good to hear from someone within a company. I believe this type of participation helps all the readers, and establishes a great deal of moderation. Newatthis has the right thinking.....

Best of Luck

#26     Mar 6, 2003

7. Limit,

Decision support software (DSS) can consist of various unique trading applications. In EGM's case DSS relates primarily to equity filters, which screen data in real-time to locate trading opportunities based on pre-defined criteria.

Yes. The description of XTS does contain a "lot of words" and XTS can in fact locate numerous technical, fundamental, and even news-based data patterns that other software cannot. I'll be able to go into that more once EGM is an official ET sponsor and once XTS is commercially available (it is presently made available to a select number of traders in beta).

The hypothetical illustrations you reference are intended to demonstrate how technology (not necessarily just EGM's) can benefit certain traders over the course of time (one year). You are absolutely correct in that some days the benefit will be greater or less than others.

I appreciate your comments.

All the best,

Robert McLister

#27     Mar 6, 2003

8. Bigtime...

It seems that more and more, traders at prop firms are implementing undisclosed (black box) and open-source (white box) systems to fully automate various strategies. Among the more popular automated strategies are opening-only techniques, pairs-trading, risk arb, enveloping, and "market-making" style trading. Mind you, automation alone doesn't make you money.

Robert

#28     Mar 6, 2003

9. Good show Rob, good show!

might I suggest your explanation instead of the other wording...

#29     Mar 6, 2003
  10. yeah, some word, huh? :D

actually I heard it in one of those slick software presentation classes held at one of those "ever so many" Investor show.

It means something like: "profitable trading opportunity".

#30     Mar 6, 2003