Interesting Prop Firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by InyOutty, Mar 4, 2003.

1. From what I understand an officer of this company has
    contacted Barron regarding advertising. Furthermore, I
    believe the company does not solicit but rather allows a
    trader to judge the company on its merits.

#11     Mar 5, 2003
  2. I noticed these comments this morning and wanted to thank everyone for their interest in EGM. We are inquiring about sponsoring Elite Trader so I'll reserve most comments until then.

Our firm policy is to remain reasonably low profile. We never solicit members in online forums and respectfully request that members and non-members try not to promote our firm in these forums. If someone has an interest in EGM, they should contact us for accurate information.

Trade well,

Robert McLister
    President, EGM

#12     Mar 5, 2003
  3. They mention DSS (decision support software). Wonder what they really mean by that.

Under their XTS Filter description it mentions a lot of words, but to those who understand complex database theorum the net sum of that description has both extremes defined. Either it is radically new and different with substantial potential to capture "patterns", or its the sales dressing in fancy words without significant substance.

They mention "hypothetical" in their exampes highlighted in yellow. Those expectations basically suggest a repetitive continuation of a similar event over and over. These markets have been nothing less than repetitive. One can't even count on shorting through bullets to work with these sell offs.

Projected expectations, after substantial Congressional studies were conducted are what produced the catastropic collapse of 1987 with Portfolio Insurance (hedging with futures against long stock portfolios) failed those sold on its miracle cure to portfolio losses.

The section on ProKeys seems quite fascinating. I recall that Bloomberg partnered with Merrill Lynch in his early days to provide a similar radical approach to Bond data dissemination. He's a multi-billionaire today.

#13     Mar 5, 2003
  4. #14     Mar 5, 2003
  5. Their website also mentions:
    Next Generation Bullet Keys. I suppose this means hotkeys to bullets so that one can quickly take advantage of a shorting opportunity.

In essence, shorting needs to get in a confirmed position as quickly as possible, in order to add to the collapse in prices as a stock is falling, in order to maximize their profitunity and minimize their risk exposure (by over staying the position into a rebound).

Obtaining the bullet quickly has very little to do with the above paragraph. Making the effort, effortless might improve that correlation but its arguable, and boils down to "trading style".

One thing is certain is that purchasing too many bullets and not profiting from them, or simply not using them is vastly more costly incrementally than attaining the "expectation" of profit from taking on yet again one more short position.

#15     Mar 5, 2003
  6. Why is it that they do not warrant the currency of any information appearing on this site ? If they do not who does ?

#16     Mar 5, 2003
  7. Felichka. I appreciate your point. EGM's legal staff pen all company disclaimers. The language is simply designed to insulate our company from frivolous legal actions.

On a separate note, we are looking forward to becoming a sponsor of Elite Trader and actively supporting this site. Our hope is to contribute as much as possible to this excellent forum--particularly with regards to filter trading.

Trade well,

Robert McLister
    President, EGM

#17     Mar 5, 2003
  8. C Robinson,

Wow. I didn't figure that letting readers know what I saw at the show would spark a controversy. I ran across several other firms but didn't’t see much worthwhile other than EGM and TradeStation 7. The typical trading firms were there, WorldCo, Bright, Terra Nova, etc.... I didn't’t see Echo though. I was excited about EGM and thought I’d share what I learned.

If I were in charge of Echo, I would suggest that their managers don’t make accusatory statements about posts relating to other firms. It looks bad on your company. The point of message boards is open discussion, and as a new member your quirky remarks arent’t very encouraging to me.

In any case, Neovest's is an excellent order-entry and automation system. Institutions have been using it for a long time and I wish I could use it for trading. I just can’t afford to pay the extra executions costs on top of my already high clearing and execution costs. I spent some time with the NY sales team, and was very surprised with the capabilities of IOG. I have inquired more about EGM, but they are sending me a NDA to sign before they provide details. It appears that they may have something very unique to offer. (Neovest won’t allow me to use their IOG directly, and referred me to EGM.)

I did forget to mention one more thing I saw at the show. LOS has a new feature as part of their squawk, a trade the news feature, and it appears very useful.

Good luck e..C..ho Robinson

#18     Mar 5, 2003
    #19     Mar 6, 2003
  10. Annacott,

well i re-read my post you referred to and i don't feel it is out of line nor is it quirky. it is obvious from your response that you have absolutely no relationship with EGM. as i stated above, "i apologize ahead of time if i am mistaken." i see that Rob is in the process of sponsoring ET so i would like to say welcome and Good Luck to you guys.

#20     Mar 6, 2003