interesting insight on ron paul from an insider:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Dec 29, 2011.

1. achilles28

achilles28

I really hope so. I mean Ron was the father of the Teaparty, for crying out loud. Bachmann is constitution lite.

#11     Dec 29, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

It was easy at founding, blacks and women weren't citizens.

#12     Dec 29, 2011
  3. Mvector

Mvector

I know some people who were also helped by Dr. Paul and that was one of the reasons I decided to actively support him - he is an action guy with excellent character - very very hard to find in this world.

#13     Dec 29, 2011
  4. achilles28

achilles28

I hope more of these character stories find their way to Ron's SuperPac.

Maybe you could email and let them know? They could use it in a campaign ad?

#14     Dec 29, 2011
  5. No no, don't think that I agree with msnbc, I do not in this case.

I have to admit that they baited Paul into giving them the sound byte that they wanted, and he gave it to them. I was very frustrated when I saw this on YouTube. We will be seeing this many times if he threatens Mittens, believe me.

Between that, and the newsletters, they have all the ammo they need. I assure you, if you are a student of political assassination, they have all they need.

#15     Dec 29, 2011
  6. So you are suggesting that that CR64 was unconstitutional then?

#16     Dec 29, 2011
  7. jem

jem

I am for civil rights. so do not take this the wrong way.

But, anytime you have the federal govt claiming more power under the 14th amendment or its right to regulate interstate commerce.... you usually have the federal govt attempting to seize a power it was not given...

Note powers not given to the Federal Govt were explicitly reserved to the states by the Constitution.

#17     Dec 29, 2011
  8. Crispy

Crispy

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

"Certainly the most ambitious attempt to impose limits on the State has been the Bill of Rights and other restrictive parts of the American Constitution, in which written limits on government became the fundamental law to be interpreted by a judiciary supposedly independent of the other branches of government. All Americans are familiar with the process by which the construction of limits in the Constitution has been inexorably broadened over the last century. But few have been as keen as Professor Charles Black to see that the State has, in the process, largely transformed judicial review itself from a limiting device to yet another instrument for furnishing ideological legitimacy to the government's actions. For if a judicial decree of "unconstitutional" is a mighty check to government power, an implicit or explicit verdict of "constitutional" is a mighty weapon for fostering public acceptance of ever-greater government power."

#18     Dec 29, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

And for good reason. At least at that time.

#19     Dec 29, 2011