interesting insight on ron paul from an insider:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Dec 29, 2011.

1. http://rightwingnews.com/election-2...on-paul-staffer-on-newsletters-anti-semitism/

Written By : Eric Dondero
    Fmr. Senior Aide, US Cong. Ron Paul, 1997 – 2003
    Campaign Coordinator, Ron Paul for Congress, 1995/96
    National Organizer, Draft Ron Paul for President, 1991/92
    Travel Aide/Personal Asst. Ron Paul, Libertarian for President
    1987/88

I have been asked by various media the last few days for my comments, view of the current situation regarding my former boss Ron Paul, as he runs for the presidency on the Republican ticket.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

GO RON PAUL. I AM HOPING YOU WIN IOWA AND GAIN ENOUGH CONFIDENCE TO RUN THIRD PARTY.

2. Ron Paul is principled.

I wonder if he is pragmatic. So far, no, he lacks the ability to be pragmatic. So he may run third party, which will finish the split that the GOP already has.

I wonder.

3. I posted that last post halfway thru the article. The MSM is on the newsletter stuff because that alone will be enuf to sink him. The CR65 act is a sacred piece of legislation that this nation is very proud of, and he was blind or stupid enuf to say, that he would not vote for it to Chris Matthews. It was brilliant of msnbc to pull this out of him.

This alone will crush him.

4. achilles28

achilles28

In this day and age, pragmatic usually means "comprise".

Ron can't compromise on the truth. And I support that.

5. achilles28

achilles28

The CR65 answer was a nuanced one. There is no authority granted in the Constitution that empowers the Federal Government to dictate to private business who they must serve. Period. That's all he meant. Of course, be it right or left, the MSM has their agenda. And in this case, Matthews pursued it vigorously to smear Paul as a cold-hearted racist, when the argument had zero to do with race.

It really comes down to law. We are a nation of laws, or not. We can't pick and choose which Constitutional amendments to follow, and not others. But that's exactly what we've done for the past 100 years.

Anyway, here's a good example of Ron Pauls viscous racism:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Rv0Z5SNrF4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Me too, but then I'm very pragmatic.

7. achilles28

achilles28

Well, that makes two of us

8. You'd think that...except that since the attack began in earnest Paul's numbers have risen in Iowa, NH, and nationally as well. Further, Bachmann's Iowa campaign chair just defected to the Paul camp.

According to PPP, the majority of Bachmann supporters list none other than Ron Paul as their second choice, so I don't see the faux racism or his nuanced and Constitutional argument on the civil rights act slowing him down one iota. If anything, I expect his numbers to continue their steady and deliberate climb.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_IA_1218925.pdf

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Two thumbs up!

I can't even imagine the stupidity that must be required for someone to call this "racism".

10. achilles28

achilles28

I know!! It's retarded. But the media has their agenda. And in this case, it happens to be no-things-Ron-Paul.

#10     Dec 29, 2011