Interesting fact about IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tao_trader, Apr 15, 2003.

1. samaritan

samaritan Interactive Brokers

Please email the IB Help desk with specific examples of sluggish quotes and include in the subject line: MG101. This code will ensure the mail wil be forward to the appropriate person. Please include in the body of your email some specifics (i.e. time of day, security, your IB login name or account, etc.).

Thanks.

#61     Jul 2, 2003
  2. samaritan

samaritan Interactive Brokers

IB does not take these problems lightly. We want to ensure our customers are happy and that we offer the best trading platform possible. To that end, IB also invites you to contact IB Management on such topics. Simply email ibmgmt@interactivebrokers.com with the specifics and we will do our best to address the problem in a timely manner.

Thanks.

#62     Jul 2, 2003
  3. work fine now, thx def!

#63     Jul 2, 2003
  4. rdt

rdt

fyi - they do now they have the comp quote available now.

#64     Jul 3, 2003
  5. alanm

alanm

Did anyone ever really explain what they do with the COMPX?

I remember some supposed guru once talk about charting the COMPX with various indicators and making trade decisions based on them. Then he traded the QQQ based on those decisions. When asked why he used the COMPX instead of the NDX, he said something like "what's the NDX"?

It seems unlikely that real, market-moving money could be this stupid. Any that were would hopefully have been killed a couple years ago when the "quality spread" changed and the correlation between the two went wacky.

Why not use the actual index on which all tradeable derivatives are based, instead of the one that the silly media continues to publish?

#65     Jul 6, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

[I am sorry to take this thread off topic]

samaritan,

I tried to do a search on NYSE Liquidity Quote on the IB site to learn more but came up empty. Any idea if IB supports it, and if so, do you have a link to the documentation?

nitro

#66     Jul 6, 2003