Interesting fact about IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tao_trader, Apr 15, 2003.

#11     Apr 16, 2003
  2. I think, ladies and gentlemen, qdz4 has been hatched.

With ALL the crap traders put up with, this warrants a thread??

#12     Apr 16, 2003
  3. You get what you pay for. IB is all about executions -- don't you think def knows what he's talking about? :)

#13     Apr 16, 2003
  4. def

def Sponsor

tao.
    I think you're missing the point. i'm not making a threat just speaking facts. If IB was in the quote business or if it was our main line of business, we'd charge more and you'd get everything you'd want - maybe even graphs too. However, we're in the execution and clearing business and naturally emphasize and target those strengths. If thousands of people signed up for quotes and didn't trade, something would have to give, we'd obviously have to do something to account for that cost and drain on the system.

You also state that you pay $100's of bucks a month in commissions to IB. If that's the case, you do not pay for data, you get it for free. Please note that IB is just a conduit in this game as it needs to pay the exchanges for the data. We are not making money off of data and given our rates I think that's clearly obvious. For those piggybacking and paying just for quotes, they should have nothing to complain about given what they pay.

Now I'd suggest a better thread which could possibly lead to an interesting discussion and possibly even convince me to push to get what you want. That would be " does anybody use COMP as a trading indicator, if so how do you use it?"

#14     Apr 16, 2003
  5. Much ado about nothing. Haven't looked at the comp in years. They might as well eliminate it.

#15     Apr 16, 2003
  6. I have been an IB customer for 3 years and didnt even know it wasnt available. i guess that says how important it is to me.

#16     Apr 16, 2003
  7. IB will offer the NYSE indicator

$TICK ?

#17     Apr 16, 2003
  8. The comp, along with indu and spx, is one of the most followed indices out there. It's hugely popular and is reported each day from thousands of different media outlets around the world. Every single broker I've ever been with has given it away for free.

I'm not going to try and convince IB what to do. I can get the comp from a thousand different places. All I'm doing is reporting a fact that I thought other people might find interesting and useful, that's all. End of thread.

#18     Apr 16, 2003
  9. If you want the COMP then turn on CNBC.

I don't want to pay for it through higher commissions.

#19     Apr 16, 2003
  10. tao_trader, if that's the biggest complaint you have about IB, then they should use it as a selling point in thier ads.

Here's a real issue. We can't route to the AMEX on ETF's after 4pm. They trade there till 4:15.

This has been like that since the beginning. How about getting it fixed.

#20     Apr 16, 2003