Interesting correlations on this forum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jcl, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Your stereotypes do not apply to me.

I believe in individual freedom, small government and low taxes.

I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment. I have many guns that I use for competition, self/family protection, and just because I feel like owning them.

I believe that humans are at least part of the cause of changes in climate. I doubt whether anything we do will change things for the better. The most predictive NASA model shows that the only change humans can make that will reduce the impact on climate is to reduce the human population by 30%. Everything else is a waste of time.

I'm agnostic and hold no religious beliefs because there's no conclusive proof of the existence of god.

As part of my belief that government should be small, I believe that drugs, prostitution and other behaviors among consenting adults should be legalized. For the record, I think that drug use and prostitution are bad ideas, but consenting adults should have the right to make their own decisions, even if they're bad decisions. It's none the government's business and it's not the taxpayers' responsibility to fix other people's problems.

I don't care if gays get married. All adults should have the same rights. In fact, the government should get out of the marriage business entirely. Individuals should have whatever contracts they want among and between themselves as a private matter. It's none of the government's business.

I believe that most foreign aid (and the UN) is a waste of taxpayer money that would be better spent at home.

I believe that both Republican and Democrat politicians are corrupt to the core. There is no viable political party that represents my views.

#51     Aug 4, 2012
  2. +1

You should run for office dude, you would get my vote. I agree almost 100%.. the only thing that I'm not sold on is AGW. It could very well be my ignorance on the subject but from what i've read of the models (mostly stuff posted on here), they simply do not have a statistically relevant amount of data to draw definite conclusions about the causes and effects of global warming. regardless, I believe the carbon tax is a scheme at best, if there is nothing we can do about it then what is going to be done with the money? i understand from your post you don't support this either.. so we are in effectively in total agreement.

Oh, and I guess technically I'm an atheist not agnostic, still that's an irrelevant difference.

#52     Aug 4, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ditto

tomdavis for President!

Some actual intelligence in the White House can only be an improvement at this point.

#53     Aug 4, 2012
  4. Or even just someone who treats this country the way its founders did. Damn we are way off course.. the Constitution has irrefutably been circumvented.

#54     Aug 4, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

wow I agree 100% on everything

#55     Aug 4, 2012
  6. Tom B

Tom B

+1

#56     Aug 4, 2012
  7. ammo

ammo

your views are limited to the amount of time you've spent on any subject,the exposure you've encountered in your years here and somewhat by what you were taught at a young age that may have been truth or belief,as are mine and everyone you encounter,it's best to keep this in mind as a standard for judging and remember that you will always know more tomorrow than you do today...jim furyk is a lot better golfer today than he was at 10,or 10 years ago

#57     Aug 4, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

So do we all. We just disagree about how much (or little) individual freedom, how small is "small", and how low is "low". Aside from that, it's simple. ; )

#58     Aug 4, 2012
  9. Well let's put it this way those of you who clamor for little personal freedoms (for everyone) should get exactly that yourselves.

#59     Aug 4, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

BULL SHIT. The only limit to personal freedom should be that your freedom doesn't harm or reduce the freedom of another.

#60     Aug 4, 2012