Interesting Article Wired Magazine

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jficquette, Apr 23, 2009.

1. http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/17-05/ff_guidestones

"The strangest monument in America looms over a barren knoll in northeastern Georgia. Five massive slabs of polished granite rise out of the earth in a star pattern. The rocks are each 16 feet tall, with four of them weighing more than 20 tons apiece. Together they support a 25,000-pound capstone. Approaching the edifice, it's hard not to think immediately of England's Stonehenge or possibly the ominous monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey. Built in 1980, these pale gray rocks are quietly awaiting the end of the world as we know it."

2. Took a road trip there today. It was a solemn place on a windy hill. Strange experience, felt like something big will take place there.

An enlightened Rennick out:eek:

[​IMG]

3. Eight

Eight

I read Antiquities of the Jews by Josephus. The pyramids were the same thing, built after the flood by people that were pissed at God. They were covered with writings on rock. People dismantled the outer parts and used them for building their houses.. same shit different millenium. This time people got the head's up about the next upheaval and built the things ahead of time.. Like their ideas are going to be needed.. LOL

4. Here it is...

[​IMG]

5. Some say vandels hit it, I say a UFO paint balled the damned thing.:cool:

[​IMG]

ps. I just noticed that it looks like a profile shot of Jesus Christ. :eek: :eek: :eek: That place gave me the creeps...

6. I lived in Atlanta for years. What part of Georgia to you live in?

What was interesting to me about the story was the RC Christian character. The way he responded to the bank guy by shaking his head and saying that "you don't understand" really stuck me as being sincere. He apparently believed in what he was doing.