Interested in trading again

Discussion in 'Journals' started by lundy, Feb 12, 2006.

1. bitrend

bitrend

Lundy,

I don't think Steve is bashing you. He's just trying to help you to be precise, constructive, consistent and responsible. The negative remark is not always bad but could help you to prevent bad things to happen. To get away from the problem, by identifying the problems that could eventually happen. I guess if you have heard those problems before you won't lose your $2M.

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail, Benjamin Franklin. Prepare means get both good and bad remarks/problems and deal with. I think in the armed forces they are preparing for rainy, not for sunny. And I think with the Market is similar.

#31     Mar 24, 2006
  2. lundy

lundy

Maverick,
    Your comment is very appreciated. I have been trying to figure out whether to trade hard deltas or soft deltas.

The only difference to me is that with soft deltas, I will make my money from premium only. I am definitely not thinking my soft deltas will turn to hard deltas. So I am seeing my soft delta position not losing premium when I am right but in fact gaining in premium value.

With hard deltas, if I am right in a position, it I will lose on premium. Plus, I feel like I have more at risk in this type of position.

One benefit of hard deltas would be closing the trade out with stock.

Bittrend,
    I have steve on ignore, so I was unaware he is posting anything at this time. I appreciate your concern and I am very aware of facing problems as I have had to do in the past few years. Steve was on a trip, and I don't want to waste my time dealing with that. He did have some useful things to say, but overall, he was trippin out at me. I don't need that.

I define trip as saying things like "I don't think you will last long" or "you will probably lose this money just like you lost before"

That is definitely not shit I want to hear. Especially from someone who doesn't know what kind of work I have put into myself in the last few years. If he was my roommate and saw me day in and day out and saw that I wasn't doing shit to make changes or get serious, then that comment would be received differently.

In my RL, I am surrounding myself with people who make money and have good attitudes. I have found this to be very helpful in realizing the changes I need to make, and where I am as far as mental focus and balance.

On another note, I wasn't live today as IB had to verify some information. Hopefully it will be all systems go on Monday.

#32     Mar 24, 2006
  3. lundy

lundy

Here are stocks from my universe that I will be watching next week.

cd, ko, nem, xlnx, aapl, ntap, rhat

Out of these 7 stocks, only NTAP meets all of my criteria for entering. So barring any unforseen delays with IB, I will trade NTAP on the long side Monday morning.

I am waiting for the others to breakout/breakdown.

#33     Mar 25, 2006
  4. THERUDEBOY

THERUDEBOY Guest

Lundy, in theory i can see your point with this journal lark. But in practice it's a big pile of poo, isn't it. You're trying to be honest with anybody except yourself, i use the word honest very loosely here by the way. Does the added pressure of public awareness make you a better trader? I don't think it does,.....does it lundy. I can imagine the way you will abandon this journal once things start to crumble.

O.K. that's the pessimism and cynical view out of the way.

Now i'd like to give you a more positive and constructive view. Don't answer all the posts, if any, just keep posting your trades, give your reason for the trade, and that is enough. Keep it as accurate as you can and to the point.

Will people stop posting on your journal? Of course they will, they will become bored.

The question is. Will you carry through your reason for this journal or will you become distracted and bored?

Your journal should be more about self examination rather than public scrutiny.

#34     Mar 25, 2006
  5. lundy

lundy

thanks therudeboy, I will take that under advisement.

#35     Mar 25, 2006
  6. lundy

lundy

account live this am.

positions:

I am long calls in: GM, IACI

I am long puts in: EBAY, AMZN, ADBE, MU

I am long stock in: TQNT

#36     Mar 28, 2006
  7. lundy

lundy

Been taking a pretty serious hit. I decided not to buy otm premium.

I got into LLTC today on the long side.

Biggest loser is GM right now. I don't really have a big winner. Seems like everything went against me as soon as I got in, I still have time until April expiration though.

I am getting out of losers like Ebay and Amzn with the recent moves down. Sticking with MU as I think it still has potential for downside

I am looking at KO, CD, and NVLS for potential up moves.

Aloha! have a good weekend.

#37     Apr 8, 2006
  8. Aloha lunndy..

good to see yoiu again.

WE got about 35 feet of snow on the north rim thise year. Btut the WestSide and apline got as much 45 ft. this year. I's been rather nutty....over there

If you need place...let me know,

Best,
    T

#38     Apr 8, 2006
  9. lundy

lundy

Dr. Z

Wow, I wish I had been there. I may be coming up with some buddies early next year for the snow. Hope it will be a good winter for it. I will be sure to give you a call and we can go for food.

I wish good trading 4 you!

Aloha

#39     Apr 8, 2006
  10. lundy

lundy

I recently authored a TradersCue strategy. I will use it to track my trading biases. And to keep my friends who I discuss stocks and positions with in the know as far as what I am doing. Its a free subscription.

I evaluated collective2 and they charge a lot of money with a shitty looking website. TradersCue looks like it has lots more potential.

Currently looking at AFFX entry in May 30 call 3.3 - 3.4

If I get it, I will probably try and sell the 35 or 37.5 call on a run up to offset premium.

#40     Apr 12, 2006