Interested in trading again

Discussion in 'Journals' started by lundy, Feb 12, 2006.

1. hope you do well - wishing you luck

#11     Feb 23, 2006
  2. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

Best of luck, bro.

#12     Feb 23, 2006
  3. volente_00

volente_00

Are you the guy who blew up the 7 figure account ?

#13     Feb 23, 2006
  4. lundy

lundy

my story has been told b4.

but basically I was trading nq back when trading a few hundred contracts was alot. I was trading illiquid market. I lost alot of it all at once. Others was a slow bleed. i was stupid, i was young kid. 22ish

I'm 28 now. Anyway, I am trying to make money anyway I can right now. I want to get back into the market. Sellin some stuff on ebay too.

Thanks for the feedback people.

#14     Feb 24, 2006
  5. Babak

Babak

ok, sorry if this is a sensitive topic lundy. I must have missed the thread where it was talked about. Cheers

#15     Feb 24, 2006
  6. Wishing you every success in the coming days.

All the best.:)

#16     Feb 24, 2006
  7. Excuse me:

What is wrong with this picture? You started out at the beginning of the thread saying you are 27 years old;

"I am 27 years old, I have had good as well as bad experiences in the markets......" on Feb 13

On Feb 24, you are suddenly 28 years old

"I'm 28 now. Anyway, I am trying to make money anyway I can right now....."

Maybe you had a birthday, only you don't say that here (most people would have I think)....

You want to swing trade with only $3000, which is badly undercapitalized, but you think you can make it because of your "work ethic"

"a good work ethic will reflect in a good trading ethic."

Which is fine, but when I read your comments on charts, I can't see that you have any edge to trade.

So it seems to me that there are some fantasy elements to your internet identity. No prob for me, but for you especially when you need to learn to see what is real in the markets, I would say its not a good sign. Its little inconsistencies like this that make me think something is off here.

If I were looking to recoup my (or someone else's) money, I think I would be trying to find a significant edge to trade first, and then a way to fund an account with enough capital so that I could maintain a presence in the market long enough for my edge to kick in.

I would say the odds are good that you are going to lose what little you have (again). But hey, I don't want to be "bashing" you so please do carry on as you were.

Steve

#17     Feb 24, 2006
  8. lundy

lundy

well steve46,

I am about to turn 28. So depending on what day it is and what color the sky is, I might say I'm 27, or I might say I'm 28.

Is that a big deal? sometimes i round things off.

Hmmm, I said I was interested in trading again. I did not say I was trying to make millions of dollars from a 3k account.

If I had an edge, do you think I would share it with you online via a journal? The purpose of this journal is simply to log my efforts towards opening an account and trading again.

I'm well aware of my situation, I've lived it. Sure I may be hard headed and I have learned lessons the hard way. But that aint gonna stop me from trading on a small scale.

If I do lose my 3k, what does it matter to you? Get the fuck off my case. Post something constructive or please don't post anything at all.

#18     Feb 24, 2006
  9. So basically you are pissed that someone actually took a moment to think through your self serving bullshit commentary.

No kidding. I would be pissed too.

What I posted was probably as "constructive" as it gets. You want to bullshit people into believing you have the bases covered. No sale here.

Nice try.

Steve

Edit:

Just in case there is a moderator looking at this. I have to think that there's room for a dissenting opinion here on ET. I don't consider it "bashing" when I offer a reasoned alternative comment. I'd like to think we are adults here and capable of dealing with it.

In answer to the question "what does it matter to me (that you might lose your 3k). The answer is "it doesn't (matter), however it seems like a shame to let it happen". thats it. Don't worry, I have nothing more to say.

#19     Feb 24, 2006
  10. lundy

lundy

Just want to reiterate that the purpose of this journal is for me to motivate myself. It is like writing down a goal, and keeping progress. However, I don't like being in a vacuum, so I started it as a journal here on ET.

Its not for stock picks, although I may post a few. Eventually I want to use it so that I remember why I am trading and where I have come from.

I welcome all constructive comments. While steve had some constructive comments, i perceived it as condecending and overall negative.

I really don't wish to argue with people in my journal, as it is a waste of space. If you wish to send me destructive comments, you can do so via pm.

I won't reply to future destructive comments, but instead use the ignore function.

#20     Feb 24, 2006