Interested in learning how to trade using technical analysis.

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by coinjockey, May 17, 2019.

1. Never said they are. Sometimes the 200 MA means absolutely nothing.

When you've become skilled, you'll know when that is.

#21     May 18, 2019
    speedo likes this.
  2. NQurious

NQurious

I disagree. Brooks is a tough read because Brooks is not a talented writer. In fact, he is a very poor writer. There are hundreds of better writers who have posted to ET over the years. I'm not saying he is a bad trader or the others are good traders. But Al cannot write and he should stick to video production. He should also hire a voice actor to do his videos. He would be at his strongest unseen and unheard behind the scenes.

You should join the ET micro to mini trading contest in June - would love to have you showcase your success!

William O'Neil mentioned by @murray t turtle and the authors mentioned in @speedo's post are all good starting points. I found the attached by John T Hill particularly useful. Most important will be for you to decide what kind of trader you want to be, what markets and time frames and strategies suit your own personality, etc. The best advice I ever got was to sit in front of a live intraday chart and just watch. No trades, no thinking about trades or money - just watch. If you can do that for a few weeks or a month you will learn more about price behavior than you will from any book we might recommend. In fact, I'd recommend you do that before you buy any book at all. Do that, and then come back here, tell us what you think you learned, and then we can make a better recommendation for you.

#22     May 18, 2019
    NeedToLearn, MACD and speedo like this.
  3. dozu888

dozu888

padu is giving a lot of advice today after making $1k last week lol.

#23     May 18, 2019
    Overnight likes this.
  4. padutrader

padutrader

yes that is true....

but even in golf o have seen that most who give advice are the 24 handicapers...Tiger Woods even when asked would reply"DUh ! i dont know "

yes i am giving...but i am sure most will not take it...not because it s not good advice but because it may not fit their needs

#24     May 19, 2019
  5. padutrader

padutrader

this he has admitted himself....in his first few words in his book he has warned readers of this but the wealth of information, that is there beneath all the shit, which you have to clean, is 29 carat gold and i can trade today, like i do, because of his enthusiasm, in writing the book and sharing his knowledge.

it took me 12 years to do it but i am ok with it now

#25     May 19, 2019
  6. padutrader

padutrader

i did make $1k but the statement profit for the day was 671 usd....no losing trade..... which in scalping is a remarkable achievement, even if i have to say so myself

#26     May 19, 2019
  7. padutrader

padutrader

thank you i might...though i generally hate contests.

i am not aversed to continue to post my statements which you can come to my home and verify in person if you are so in need of doing so

#27     May 19, 2019
  8. padutrader

padutrader

i am so skilled i do not need moving averages

but that is exactly what i have written...we agree then ...trading is never: a=b so c=d...
    if it is so [a=b then c=d] then no one will take the other side of the transaction and the whole market will have to adjust up or down until someone takes the other side of the transaction and that equation is not true

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    #28     May 19, 2019
  9. padutrader

padutrader

for over 30 years, i read books, took courses gathered great deal of knowledge and lost a great deal of money.
    I realised that knowledge alone will not get you anywhere....you need understanding

#29     May 19, 2019
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Be very careful there, sir. We can dream and imagine pretty big out here in the wasteland of losers. Can you? And be careful with your haughtiness. Those who like to brag the most, have the most to lose, and will collapse under the weight of their own ego. Don't do it. Learn humility.

I guess you've never tried to read Tolkien's "The Silmarillion". That book will mess up your mind...Like playing chess against yourself, hehe.

#30     May 19, 2019
    padutrader likes this.